Best workout DVDs

Options
Hello my sexy MFP,
So I was working out in the gym at my old apartment 5/6 per week but since we moved I don't have a gym nor do I have time to drive to a gym since there not really close to me or work. Soooo I want to try workout DVDs but want one that is good in following.
1. Burns lots of calories
2. Not going to get bored with it within a week
3. Not needing too much equipment to go with the workout
4. Not too much dinero (money)
5. MUST BE FUN

YES I know it's asking for alot but hey I don't want to waste your time with asking me all 21 question when you can have it now & get to the point. So yeah if you guys can help I will love you for the rest of me life....lol

Replies

• mcsolis
    mcsolis Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    bump
  • pandabear_
    pandabear_ Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Would like to know also.
  • kriots
    kriots Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    p90x
  • cheshirequeen
    cheshirequeen Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    zumba, zumba, zumba, zumba, zumba
    my friends on here call me the zumba queen. do it every day, never get tired of it. its awesome
  • phatsoslim
    phatsoslim Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Try some Jillian Michaels workouts. They are about $10 at Walmart. You only need a mat and some dumb bells. Just remember, the fitter you get the less calories you will burn. Try the 30 Day Shred first. It's worth a try and it only costs $10, and well worth it.
  • Natley
    Natley Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    p90x seems super hard! i wanna try it tho! yeah Jillian dvds r awesome!!
  • cheshirequeen
    cheshirequeen Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    also, you get shakey weights with the newer dvds. it may be 100 dollars but its for the weights and 7 dvds. had them over two months and completely love them
  • azb9
    azb9 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Insanity... is by far the best workout! It is all body-weight exercises so you don't have to spend for any equipment!

Try looking for it on craigslist or ebay to get a used cheaper copy!
  • williti
    williti Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I get bored quickly with the DVD's I've tried. My favorites are the ones made for the Wii fit. Much to my surprise, I found that I LOVE to box!
  • fionat29
    fionat29 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michaels 30DS, brilliant workout!
  • medoria
    medoria Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    You say you want to burn a lot of calories but why do you want to burn them? to show off all the muscles you have hidden underneath or to be thin thin thin without a hint of muscles?
    And how welltrained are you? At a beginnerlevel or intermediate?
    30 day shred and Ripped are good cuz its for a short period of time but you unless you have a ton to lose you will get some muscledefinition doing these. Banish fat boost metabolism does not accquire any equipment and its only cardio but can get booring pretty soon if you do it more then two times a week. No more trouble zones does not burn as much but is a real hardcore workout if you want somewhat of a challenge and want to get fit and stronger.
  • FifiLea
    FifiLea Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I love Jillian Michaels. I love her so much that it's starting to get a bit creepy...

I love DVDs, I never make it to the gym - even though mine is on the ground floor of my office building <hangs head in shame>

Over the summer I've done the following DVDs: 1. 30 Day Shred - awesome, a killer but a really good kickstart to fitness, followed by; 2. Insanity - 63 days of fun and torture in equal measure, expensive but worth it!

And now I'm back to Jillian and doing a mixture of No More Trouble Zones and Banish Fat Boost Metabolism.

This kind of interval training is fantastic for me and my arms are fabulous! The bingo wings are nearly completely gone! :smile:
  • Spitfirex007
    Spitfirex007 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    I can't comment on any of the JM workouts. I know nothing about them! But some of my favorites (or workouts I've heard great things about) are.

Turbo Fire, P90X and Insanity! If you like dancing and hip hop you could look into hip hop abs. It's not nearly as high impact as the other 3 listed. But great workout if dancing is your thing. A lot of people love ChaLean Extreme. It's also more of starter program. Great mix of cardio and strength training.
  • ChristineMarie89
    ChristineMarie89 Posts: 1,142 Member
    Options
    JM yoga meltdown is pretty fun :D love it n so do my kids lol
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    I'm another Jillian fan! I have quite a few of her DVDs - I got all mine at Target, they run anywhere from $9-$12 there. Sometimes they go on sale for $8. I have seen them at Costco too, just one or two titles, not all of them.

For me they are affordable, and the only equipment needed are dumbbells (and not all of her DVDs use weights) and possibly a mat.
  • KansasGal
    KansasGal Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Turbo Jam. You get six workouts on two dvds, all the equipment you need, and a great burn!
  • kvns83
    Options
    Jillian Michaels 30 DS is great, not much time, not expensive and only need weights, if you love to dance then I recommend Turbo Fire from Beachbody. It is a fantastic workout, various times based on what you have time for fun routines. Can be a little bit pricey depending on your budget but well worth it. Chalean is fun and Jillian together perfection.
  • morkiemama
    morkiemama Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    Gonna put in my vote for Chalene and any of her Turbo workouts! (Jam, Fire, etc.) I personally own Jam. :)
  • alligatorsmile
    Options
    I have been doing Bob Harper's Pure Burn Strength Training the past 3 weeks and really like it. There's a 65 min version and a 20 min version and I try to do the longer one 3 x a week and incorporate the shorter one into walking or riding my bike if I can. 30 day shred and all that are OK but I was looking for some strength routine. It's kind of long but it takes less time than me prepping/driving to the gym, working out, driving home.

I highly recommend it, if only to watch the modifier's dramatic and epic facial expressions over and over and over. lol