Overweight and Lacking in Support

Options
I'm new to MyFitnessPal, I guess I sort of hit "rock bottom" a week ago when I went to the doctor and saw the scale hit 200.

Scary.

I decided to try the Nutrisystem diet, but my family and friends don't understand. I love that this site has so many people that really support each other. I would really love to get some advice/ some words of encouragement?

Replies

• jmelyan23
    jmelyan23 Posts: 1,664 Member
    Options
    Always take it one day at a time and never let anybody else control what you want to do to make yourself better. You can do it, just try and try again. :flowerforyou:
  • Jaytee79
    Jaytee79 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    We are all in the same boat- or we wouldn't be here. All you can do is stay focused on why you want to lose the weight and to understand that it won't happen overnight- you have to be patient and commited or you are setting yourself up to fail. Feel free to add me if you like.
  • superflyrbi
    superflyrbi Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    It's never too late to start being healthy! Good luck with your quest. Plenty of people here to support you.
  • melvac
    melvac Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    welcome to MFP, we are all here to get healthy and of course manage our weight. You can all the support you need just post and please ask any specific questions. Add me as a friend if you like..
  • albinogorilla
    albinogorilla Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    I get ZERO support at home, this site is the only thing that works for me, counting calories. And thats dodging all the food in the house, 5 different cartons of ice cream in the freezer at this second..................
  • Moofey
    Moofey Posts: 444
    Options
    You are doing amazing already, everyday you look in the mirror from here on out. Always tell yourself it will get better and your clothes will get smaller. Never forget that...
  • twyrm
    twyrm Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    200 is my "out of bounds" number as well. I really am enjoying this site also. It helps so much to keep me honest about what I eat. And like tonight, I came home, had a snack and logged it in. Instant motivation to go for my walk! I am also watching my carbs, having read about the "glycemic load" diet. It emphasizes staying away from starch - potatoes, rice, bread and soda in particular, and walking at least 30 minutes at least every other day. Everything else is pretty much fair game. So far so good, I feel better and not nearly as hungry as when I did weight watchers before. I was successful with that, but after a while got tired of being hungry. I gained back 20 of the 40 lbs I lost, approached the dreaded 200 mark again. Stay motivated!
  • meeperoon
    meeperoon Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    At the end of the day your doing this for you, and they just see you as one of the family and your "ok" as you are. They won't ever know how you truly feel cos they can't be in your head.

I'm doing the exact same and I can tell you now my mum is gonna be saying " youre not eating properly" and " that can't be enough" but I'm going to do this anyway because I know I have to change.

Take your support from here, we'll all be here to back you up and encourage you when times are tough. (and they will be)

But you have to do this for you, they can't do it for you. So you do it your way...with our support :)

Hope this helps x