Trying keto

Options
Hi everyone! So glad to be trying something new on my journey. I’ve been at this to lose weight now since September 14. Regular calorie counting of healthy foods etc have not helped me lose much weight even though I’ve been working out vigorously all this time and starving. So I am going to try keto diet. Today was my first day. I fasted til 11, had some almonds and nuts and had lunch omgosh room squid onion cheeseburger no bun for lunch at 3. It’s going on 5 and for the first time since mid September I’m full and not starved. Wish me luck as I certainly do for you

Replies

• mariomicro
    mariomicro Posts: 74 Member
    edited November 2020
    Options
    Hi, I've been doing keto for almost 3 years now. It's worth pointing out that keto is not about losing weight. It's about getting the benefits of 1) being in ketosis (short term) and 2) becoming fat-adapted (long term). You can lose weight by keto or any other diet. With keto, you have additional benefits, see https://old.reddit.com/r/keto/wiki/faq (I'm not affiliated with that sub).

• CharleyStoll
    CharleyStoll Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thank you very much. Yes I need to lose weight but I also want to change my lifestyle overall. I really appreciate the link. I’m trying it out now