Creating Hour Glass Figure

Options
Curious has to how to train my body to have more of an hour glass shape instead of stocky

Replies

• forestfreek
    forestfreek Posts: 5,770 Member
    Options
    Stuff your bra and your pantaloons at the hips?
    I don’t think you can train your body to have an hour glass figure. You either have one or you don’t. So unless you want to surgically alter yourself....😳
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Options
    Stuff your bra and your pantaloons at the hips?
    I don’t think you can train your body to have an hour glass figure. You either have one or you don’t. So unless you want to surgically alter yourself....😳

Haha true
    I guess you could wear a corset? Please don't try a waist trainer they really do nothing....they won't make your midsection magically melt away fat

To train your core there's all sorts of workouts, I love Pilates for its core work
  • forestfreek
    forestfreek Posts: 5,770 Member
    Options
    A corset 😂
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Building muscle in the lats and glutes can help create that illusion. It takes a long time.
  • apolzer2020
    apolzer2020 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Booty workouts! Also do lots of abs and obliques, twisting action like russian twist crunches. Work your back aswell like swimmers or superman, that kind of thing so you can get a strong core all round
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Booty workouts! Also do lots of abs and obliques, twisting action like russian twist crunches. Work your back aswell like swimmers or superman, that kind of thing so you can get a strong core all round

Actually too much oblique work can actually widen the waist especially if done progressively at maintenance or surplus