Can't stop eating

Options
Is it normal, after a few days (up tp a week) of working out and watching what you eat, to feel hungry all day long? This is only happening to me today and it is the first time, but man I feel like I have a hole in my stomach that I can't fill.

Replies

• HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    It's just your body adapting to the new intake.

It'll pass :) Just stick with it, make sure you are eating enough, and go for more fibre to keep you fuller for longer :)
  • ladyphoto
    ladyphoto Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Totall agree with the post above. Stick with it- your body just needs to adjust- and it will. I get full so quick now- and I used to be able to really eat huge portions- it will happen- just give yourself a little time.

Water helps too. cold water- drink lots of it.
  • Loko_Ino
    Loko_Ino Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Fight the temptation and your body will adapt. Mind over matter.
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    You've had (i assume) years of eating lots and lots, like we all did.

Then, suddenly, you're not eating anywhere near what you used to!

Your stomach is like "Errr....hello? Food? Had waaay less than im used to! (Gurgle)".

So, you have to get it used to having less. Which it will. Fairly quickly if you stick to it! :D
  • LindsayChick
    LindsayChick Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I totally know what you mean. I feel like this a lot of the times! I try to eat a huge handfull of carrots (sometimes dipped in hummus) or even a big mug of chicken broth. I know that sounds disgusting to many, but it's really tasty and filling!
  • sarahp86
    sarahp86 Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    Im going through the exact same thing. I could have just eaten a very filling meal, Decent normal portion and I could be starving within thirty minutes but that will pass in 5/10 mins. Its weird
  • healthyJenn0915
    Options
    Totally normal! I ahave been working out for a few years now, and I still have random days like yesterday where I am hungry all day long!
  • Lindaj44
    Lindaj44 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I felt hungry the first 1.5 to 2 weeks into the diet but now I'm not so hungry.
  • charityateet
    charityateet Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    The more I work out, the hungrier I am - I try to eat clean snacks - small meals and lots of protien (paired w/carbs) so I stay fuller longer.
  • astrosnider
    astrosnider Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I don't know if this will help, but I have been fairly strict about calories and exercise for about two months and am just now finding that I am not hungry all the time. I think after a while you begin to feel full on less or maybe, as we used to say, your stomach shrinks. Another change I made was making lunch my main meal of the day instead of dinner. Since I usually work out in the morning, I am often famished around lunchtime. If I eat a fairly big meal of 500 to 600 calories at lunch I find it easier to get by on less (usually just a protein drink) for dinner.
  • Circa1964
    Circa1964 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I have those days too. Especially this week. I want to eat everything! I don't think mine is hunger as much as I just feel like eating. My taste buds are trying to rule the roost. I need for my mind to tell my tastebuds to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip!
  • lyndev71
    Options
    I was eating stuff like celery and carrots and hummus with thin crisps (19 crackers are only 130 calories). And some fruit but it seemed like even though I ate I was still hungry. I have been trying to drink water when I feel that way. The thing thats hard for me is the water. I went from drinking at least 6 soda pops a day to 1 or 2 but never drank water. Now I feel like I'm floating all day. LOL Is it ok to keep eating if I feel hungry? As long as I am trying to keep it healthy and watching my calorie intake? This is my first week on here and I have gone over my calorie intake 4 days. I try not to get discouraged and keep going. I know that it is all a learning process. Does anyone have some advice or tips to help me?
  • lyndev71
    Options
    I never ate hummus just didn't like the sound of it. Started eating it this week and I am loving it. I think I will have lots of that on hand!