Please support me

Hi guys, it’s my third attempt in last two years. I had good results but some crap happened in live and I stopped, I am emotional eater, it’s so hard to stay focused when stress is high. I want to lose 80lbs sooooo bad! How to keep going

Replies

• AndreaTamira
    AndreaTamira Posts: 272 Member
    edited November 2020
    Hey there.

Maybe it would help to focus on mini goals? You drgjnitly can lose 80lbs, but how about celebrating the steps in between. Down a trouser size? Cool, new trousers that look hlgoid!

Also, I constantly try to treat this as a game. How long can I keep my streaks alive (streaks I keep track of being daily logging, daily logging below my calorie goal, daily exercise... things like this)? And, if I lose one, can I keep it going for longer next time, beating myself?

For emotional eating, maybe have some super low calorie stand-by snack around to eat when stressed, or chew chewing gum instead? Would this be worth a try?

Also dont expect ths impossible from yourself. If something goes wrong and you overeat you are better of not hating yourself for it but cobtknuingwith your weight loss journey anyway instead of giving up. Mistakes happen. That's ok.

Feel free to add me as friend if you want to.
  • Sawjer
    Sawjer Posts: 229 Member
    Feel free to add me for advice, help, motivation and anything I can really help with on your fitness journey.

One thing I would like to say is a lot of people always say "i want so bad, soooo bad" etc etc... but if that was actually the truth you'd put the work in, no excuses, put your head down and get it done... and the funny thing is.. once you got started a few weeks in its actually easier to stick at it than fail, the same way its easy to order takeaway instead of cooking, it works both ways.
  • spiriteagle99
    spiriteagle99 Posts: 3,676 Member
    Pick a goal you can reach reasonably, say 1 to 1.5 lbs a week. Figure out a way of eating that isn't too drastic a change for you. Trying to lose weight quickly tends to backfire as you get tired of feeling constantly deprived so you end up binging or giving up entirely. Try to do some activity every day. It helps with stress and will improve your overall health. Don't be too hard on yourself when you lapse. Just move on and start over with your next meal.
  • 4ajguthrie
    4ajguthrie Posts: 43 Member
    My solution to not keeping on track when I set a health goal was this :smile:

I decided that there were TWO identities inside me, me and my body, and a trickster, lodged within my mind. The trickster is clever and knows me as well as I do.

The tough part was to pick when the trickster was speaking to me. I literally had arguments with this thought trickster on the start, till finally I trained my mind to simply turn those trickster thoughts away.

So the way the conversation in my mind worked was this........ trickster would say, I want another cigarette.

I'd say well I have stopped smoking and that means no more.

The craving would then ramp up, and something would happen. See trickster would say you really need one RIGHT NOW.

No! I would say....I am the Boss here and I will do what I want NOT what YOU want...Final !!

It did not work at all the first couple of times, but each time it failed I took it personally I had let ME down, no one else, and no one would know but me..

It worked for me I gave up and have been free for a very long time.

Since then, I have used it a couple of times and its not failed me......

It is just a strategy. but its a silly tool that helped me to build my control of SELF.

Good luck
  • annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,255 Member
    Log food, exercise and be consistent sometimes it's hard but persevere and it does work. Start slowly with exercise and build up but listen to your body! Add friends to keep you motivated. Good luck