Suggestions - NO COOK MEAL PREP LUNCHES?!

Options
I enjoy cooking but cooking meal prep on Sundays for the week for two people and two options for variety it A LOT of work.

Would love some ideas for NO COOK / NO HEAT lunches for meal prep.

I did a tray of veggies, dip, cheese, meat slices - went over well. Didn't really feel like a lunch though - more like a snack box.

Would love some more ideas - open to things we assemble at home or things we just buy at the store and toss in fridge.

Replies

• nanastaci2020
    nanastaci2020 Posts: 1,072 Member
    Options
    Canned tuna, on sandwiches or crackers w/ raw veggies or microwave as you need it soup?
    PB&J or meat/cheese sandwiches.
  • Rannoch3908
    Rannoch3908 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    P.S. Want to be able to prep all these things Sunday and have five days worth in the fridge ready to grab and go.

We don't want to be making something the night before each day - we come home and basically pass out each night.
  • beabroyles
    beabroyles Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    If you cook quinoa on Sunday you can add a variety of vegetables or protein to mix up your lunches. Then you just eat it cold for lunch. I love them
  • Rannoch3908
    Options
    I see salads at the store - but the lettuce always go bad by late in the week after days sitting in fridge and there is NEVER enough dressing - ha ha.

• Redordeadhead
    Redordeadhead Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    beabroyles wrote: »
    If you cook quinoa on Sunday you can add a variety of vegetables or protein to mix up your lunches. Then you just eat it cold for lunch. I love them

I do things like this and then cook for example chicken, which I use on days 1 and 2, day 3 I throw over the pre-cooked prawns you can buy in the supermarket and day 4, a tin of tuna. So one carb&salad base with varying protein.
  • Beautyofdreams
    Beautyofdreams Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    Google one sheet pan meals or mason jar salads for ideas. There are quite a few variations floating around on facebook.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,897 Member
    Options
    I enjoy cooking but cooking meal prep on Sundays for the week for two people and two options for variety it A LOT of work.

Would love some ideas for NO COOK / NO HEAT lunches for meal prep.

I did a tray of veggies, dip, cheese, meat slices - went over well. Didn't really feel like a lunch though - more like a snack box.

Would love some more ideas - open to things we assemble at home or things we just buy at the store and toss in fridge.
    P.S. Want to be able to prep all these things Sunday and have five days worth in the fridge ready to grab and go.

We don't want to be making something the night before each day - we come home and basically pass out each night.

So, sandwiches.

But if you are too tired to take 5 minutes to make them the night before you may want to reevaluate some choices.
  • Rannoch3908
    Options
    It's pretty common thing to meal prep for the week and not do it the night before every night.
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    It's pretty common thing to meal prep for the week and not do it the night before every night.

Tell us again, why you can’t prep the night before?
  • lisamarie327
    lisamarie327 Posts: 77 Member
    Options

What difference does it make? They asked for ideas, not an argument.
    I make rice, beans, chicken, fish, or some combination of those on Sunday with enough to eat for a few meals for a few days. Tuna, prepackaged salads, hard boiled eggs or egg sandwiches.
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options

I make rice, beans, chicken, fish, or some combination of those on Sunday with enough to eat for a few meals for a few days. Tuna, prepackaged salads, hard boiled eggs or egg sandwiches.

Just curious.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    hardboiled eggs
    carrot sticks, celery, and grape tomatoes
    Hummus
    tangerines
    flavored tuna packs on salad
    banana or apple with nuts
    Mixed vegetables salad(no lettuce) with vinnaigrette
    Meat and cheese on pita
    Pbj
    Yogurt
  • SModa61
    SModa61 Posts: 2,863 Member
    Options
    I've never done them, but I recall the make ahead idea of Mason Jar Salads. They were able to be made a few days ahead and due to the correct order in the jar, they are not supposed to go bad. Might be something to look into.
  • kshama2001
    edited November 2020
    Options

But every example of meal prep I've ever seen involves some cooking, and you wanted something faster, so really sandwiches made the night before seems like a better option.

Another possible option would be to do like someone I knew and just bring all the sandwich fixings in a cooler. (This never made sense to me, but it worked for him.)
  • kshama2001
    edited November 2020
    Options
    6 hours for Buff Dudes Meal Prep breakfast, lunch and dinner (not all active cook time - they worked out while lunch was in the crockpot.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOPs3zUIMwU

I used to spend 2-3 hours making lunches, snacks, and dinners for 4 days.
  • kshama2001
    Options

You're cooking. He didn't want to cook.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,389 Member
    Options

Where?
    I'd say that most of Europe doesn't do meal prep but just eats one warm meal per day.
  • busyPK
    busyPK Posts: 3,788 Member
    Options
    Overnight oats - mine have lasted 5 days. Pair with hardboiled egg(s) and cheese maybe?
  • Redordeadhead
    Redordeadhead Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    OP, did any of these suggestions help?