help :(

my weight loss has stalled i started at 312 now i am at 273 and everytime i get on the scale it seems to stay the same im eating 1500 calories a day kinda discouraging plus 3 miles on treadmill and on my feet at work as well some weights. doesnt make sense

Replies

• GCMI90
    GCMI90 Posts: 16 Member
    im going off what the treadmill said was like 550 calories burned. going by the recommended serving on the packaging have not weighed yet maybe ill have to do that. i have been doing intermittent fasting not eating till 4pm sometimes 1 meal a day. i was wondering if i am not eating enough was making good progress.
  • GCMI90
    seems like its been sense october
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,346 Member
    When I weigh exactly the same for more than three or four days it's because my scale needs a new battery.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,809 Member
    GCMI90 wrote: »
    im going off what the treadmill said was like 550 calories burned. going by the recommended serving on the packaging have not weighed yet maybe ill have to do that. i have been doing intermittent fasting not eating till 4pm sometimes 1 meal a day. i was wondering if i am not eating enough was making good progress.

That wouldn't be too terrible an estimate if you are running those 3 miles but unless you have an incline possibly a bit high.
    But if you are walking on the flat it's very high, 246cals would be a conservative and net calorie estimate.

Making your food and exercise diaries public would take away a lot of the guesswork in diagnosing why things aren't working for you.
  • GCMI90
    Incline set to 9 speed at 3.4 to 3.5 i go 3 miles run some walk some. And ive been the same sense beginning of october sorry. I just signed up for this looking to make it public. The first 40 lbs seems like it just came off . Figured id see a steady decline. Would skipping breakfast make a difference at the beginning i was eating a light breakfast then stopped. Only eat at 5 pm sometimes 2pm.
  • Dogmom1978
    Dogmom1978 Posts: 1,580 Member
    CICO is all that matters, not what time of day you eat those calories. Get the food scale so you know how many calories you are consuming.
  • Dogmom1978
    Oh and I do incline 10 on my treadmill for 30-45 min and burn between 250-300 calories (speed between 3.2-3.4). 5’7” 176 lbs.
  • GCMI90
    Weird probably isnt reporting accurate numbers on the treadmill then. Thx for all the responses
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,099 Member
    Dogmom1978 wrote: »
    CICO is all that matters, not what time of day you eat those calories. Get the food scale so you know how many calories you are consuming.

Yes. Using rough figures 10-11xbw is roughly sedentary calories. So unless you have a rare medical disorder, your sedentary maintenance will be roughly 2700-2900 calories. That said, if you are not losing at 1500 calories per your tracking, you are overeating somewhere. Not saying it is intentional, but if you are not using a food scale and just "eyeballing", you could be off by a bunch. If your diet includes lots of energy dense items, it makes errors much higher. I suggest weighing foods and maybe laying off the higher energy dense foods and see where your weight goes. 1500 is really too low imho if you are tracking accurately. Set protein to 1gram per pound of target bw. Try to get most of your nutrition from whole food sources especially lower energy dense ones. Then in a month, reelavate. If you lose too quickly then add accurately measured calories. If appetite dies and you're having trouble getting food in. Add back in some more energy dense foods. Cardio is great. Lifting in a progressive overload system is just as important. It will help you maintain your lean mass when paired with a good protein intake. All this is jmho.. best wishes.
  • psychod787
    sijomial wrote: »

That wouldn't be too terrible an estimate if you are running those 3 miles but unless you have an incline possibly a bit high.
    But if you are walking on the flat it's very high, 246cals would be a conservative and net calorie estimate.

Making your food and exercise diaries public would take away a lot of the guesswork in diagnosing why things aren't working for you.

YES! IMO, @sijomial could be a lifestyle coach. Let him help you. Coaching like his could cost you hundreds of u.s.$ a month.
  • psychod787
    psychod787 wrote: »
    sijomial wrote: »

YES! IMO, @sijomial could be a lifestyle coach. Let him help you. Coaching like his could cost you hundreds of u.s.$ a month.

The person who disagrees with @sijomial would be a good coach... speak up... make yourself known.... or stay a coward.
  • Dogmom1978
    😂😂😂😂

Ok let’s not go out on a witch hunt! Now they’ll probably just disagree with you out of spite
  • GCMI90
    Made my food diary public. Well maybe i eat more than i thought
  • Dogmom1978
    I would measure with a scale. How are you determining how much cottage cheese you have (my diary is public; I weigh mine). How are you determine 4 ounces of chicken? I weigh mine pre cooking (the raw weight is what you should be entering). How do you determine you have 3 tablespoons of mayo? Two people can have wildly different versions of 3 tablespoons if they aren’t weighing them.

Seriously though, invest in a food scale. About $20 US at Walmart. If you are in the US, you can verify the accuracy of the scale with a nickel. Set the scale to 0 and on grams. Weigh a nickel; it should weigh exactly 5 grams (I test my scale regularly as they don’t last forever). Once you start weighing your foods you might be shocked at the difference in portions (I know I was).