rraaaaaaaaahhhhhhh

Options
Im trying to lose weight and have no support :(. I work at a job where its everyone's goal to eat as many calories a day as possible and never exercise. Every time i tell my man that ive lost even one lb, all he always says is that Id better not lose my ASSets. I thought that this website would be a good idea, however i dont know a single person on it.... Im making great progress, 8lbs in the past 2 weeks, but i need some support

Replies

• kaitlynnesmommy
    kaitlynnesmommy Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    8 lbs is fantastic! Congrats. Sent you a friend request
  • mpcass
    Options
    Eight pounds is awesome! Keep up the good work. Friend request is on the way.
  • sjtreely
    sjtreely Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options
    I'll be your friend. :)
  • Bluejay789
    Options
    I work with the same crowd. Now after telling them since July, no and no thank you ...they no longer try to shove cupcakes, cookies, birthday cake, pizza etc on me because I have said no but thanks.

Would love to give you some support. My husband is the same way. Unless they are in your shoes.... they do not understand.

Friend me and I will motivate you and send you some tips so you do not make the same mistakes I made. I also have my diary open.

Without my MFP friends and their posts I would not work out/walk without reading their posts.

You can do it.

Claire
  • jgbigman
    jgbigman Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    8lbs is fantastic.. Keep up the hard work!!
  • McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,670 Member
    Options
    Guh! I haaaate it when guys say that. Like, yeah, I'm suddenly going to have a nonexistent @$$ and t!ts. Gimme a break. :/

Well, the thing you will find is that very few people who haven't lost/aren't losing weight, won't be great sources for support. They simply don't know how, even if they have good intentions.

Welcome and congrats. You will find great people and some helpful info here. :drinker:

My only advice on the workplace things is to set boundaries, hold yourself to them and stay accountable. Just because everyone else ordered out greasy pizza doesn't mean you have to give in and eat it. Bring your own lunch and hold fast to your goals. :)
  • jmelyan23
    jmelyan23 Posts: 1,664 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem. We get treats for EVERY thing that happens around here from birthdays to big sales. You're doing great with 8 lbs. lost already! I know you can do the rest. :) Sent you a friend request.
  • Loko_Ino
    Loko_Ino Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Welcome.
    I bet you have 50 friends by tomorrow all ready to support you =)
  • ohnuts14
    Options
    wow, that's hellah impressive, congrats on the 8 lbs! i know how you feel, i have absolutely not support in my life either, no one to really be happy for me when i lose, and nobody cares when i do. including my family. and sometimes i hit slumps, and not having someone to turn to for a pep talk or a kick in the butt kinda sucks, but i've also become incredibly self-reliant at motivating myself and doing it by myself, and i think it's better this way, because i'm not just losing weight, but proving to myself that i can accomplish something on my own. the support you find on here is very good though, i feel like most of the people i come across are very supportive on this website. at first, the online support thing didn't feel like quite enough for me, but now i'm realizing it gives me that little extra boost sometimes. i'm sorry that you don't have more support in your life, but you can do this, and we're here for you! sending friend request!
  • ASPhantom
    ASPhantom Posts: 637 Member
    Options
    I'll be your friend too! Keep up the great work.

As for your BF, he needs to be more supportive or hit the road.
  • tbudge
    tbudge Posts: 114
    Options
    8 pounds is awesome!!! Keep it up!!! Be a trend setter, or just a break from the crowd...use their energy to eat a lot, and turn it around to see if you can do the exact opposite!!! We will all support you!!! Keep it up!!!
  • sixxbaby
    Options
    keep it up and feel free to add me!!
  • Jeslynjeff
    Options
    I've been in relationships like that before. I'm lucky now to have a wonderful supporting husband, I don't know what I would do without his support. I'll send you a friend request.
  • lijparsons
    Options
    Great job so far! I'll send a friend request over. :happy:
  • squishycow7
    squishycow7 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    WAIT, you work with sumo wrestlers?? sweeeeet

:)

add me if you like, the more the merrier!! xo
  • semhe
    semhe Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Welcome.
    I bet you have 50 friends by tomorrow all ready to support you =)

hahahahaha, in the 5 minutes since i posted it, i got at least 20 friend requests... this site is definitely a much happier healthier facebook
  • Autumn15
    Options
    I completely understand the work situation you are in I have the same problem where I work someone always has food for something or some event we are having and I get teased now for not joining and eating my healthy food alone and the temptation is hard everyday but you just have to stay tough and know the end results from sticking to your guns will be well worth it. As for the unsupportive Boy Friend he needs to change his attitude or maybe he's not the right guy for you. If you need a friend feel free to friend request me. Good luck on your new journey, you can do it. :smile:
  • rjbrowne82
    rjbrowne82 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    great start. Also sent a request