Seven Pounds - the movie...

Options
odusgolp
odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
Has anyone seen it? Now I'm just... depressed. WTF.

Replies

• 1_up
    1_up Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    Has anyone seen it? Now I'm just... depressed. WTF.

Great movie ;/
  • Hedone
    Options
    Fantastic movie. Cried like a baby.
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options
    I saw it last week, it was sad
  • joyr1982
    joyr1982 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Good movie. Very sad. Also, watch 21 grams. Another good one.
  • Janie5605
    Janie5605 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I love that movie. Its sad but I felt had a happy-ish ending. my cousin and sister have both been saved by transplants so it hit really close to home. Also LOVE Will Smith
  • odusgolp
    Options
    death by jellyfish... brutal.

Anyhow, I would like a pick me up streaming netflix suggestion if anyone has one ;) I'm dedicating the night to the art of doing nothing.
  • Banks01
    Banks01 Posts: 985 Member
    Options
    Yeah, but the overall message is very positive and admirable.
  • Dahamac
    Dahamac Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Watched 7 pounds last week and was moved by the movie. I love movie that make you think without resorting to typical Hollywood shock factors.

I still question whether or not Tim's actions were selfish or selfless. It can be argued that lives he saved by giving of himself atoned for the lives lost due to the consequences of his previous actions. However, how do you value a life for a life when the contribution of certain people proves to be so much greater to society? See, it makes you think if you are willing to live with the fact that some dilemmas have no right answer.

BTW, did they movie are say why it was called seven pounds?
  • odusgolp
    Options
    Well, he improved the lives of seven people... but the pounds thing... don't know.
  • busywaterbending
    busywaterbending Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    stay away from 21 grams. worthless movie that pushes an urban legend that when you die you lose weight. The imply it's your soul leaving your body, I think you pee too upon death. What a coincidence.
  • ThePhoenixRose
    ThePhoenixRose Posts: 1,985 Member
    Options

Anyhow, I would like a pick me up streaming netflix suggestion if anyone has one ;) I'm dedicating the night to the art of doing nothing.

Life of David Gale. Similar to the 7pounds genre... A little. Definitely a movie that makes you think anyway! My all-time fave!
  • Johnnyswife
    Johnnyswife Posts: 1,447 Member
    Options
    BTW, did they movie are say why it was called seven pounds?
    Don't quote me, but I think it came from from the Shakespeare play The Merchant of Venice

In the Shakespeare play the pound of flesh is the penalty for defaulting on a loan. You default on your mortgage and the bank gets your arm.

The Will Smith movie is not about defaulting on a loan, but about making up for your mistakes. In the film Smith's character must help seven people to make up for the seven people he accidentally killed.
  • 42hockeymom
    42hockeymom Posts: 521 Member
    Options

Dunno if Netflix has it, BUT The Long Long Trailer! Lucille Ball, Desi Arnez, newlyweds traveling cross country with a trailer.. Hysterical! Cousin Rose is the best!

Perfect movie for dedicating the night to the art of doing nothing!