Options
Any tips would be great, currently weigh 11st 7lbs goal weight 10st, the app has told me my calorie intake 1800 what should I be burning to see weight loss
Thanks

Replies

• apolzer2020
    apolzer2020 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Good Luck on your journey. Feel free to add me as a friend if you like. I've learned that its much easier to stay on track with this if you have support.

Im not expert but in my first week I just tried to eat healthy and stay within my calorie goals that MFP laid out for me. I also have a step tracker so I set a goal for myself to take a certain amount of steps, then I reevaluated after that week. I ended up dropping my calories more and adding an actual youtube workout every other night and thats really helped me :)
  • B_Plus_Effort
    B_Plus_Effort Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    cuppolou wrote: »
    Any tips would be great, currently weigh 11st 7lbs goal weight 10st, the app has told me my calorie intake 1800 what should I be burning to see weight loss
    Thanks

Hi there, am I the only one who is not able to read that weight 11st ? 10st? not being rude I think I am just missing something

regardless, at nearly 50 years old it comes down to realizing you and only you can do this, the faster you accept that the quicker you will be on your way, family are the worst, those mouth breathers let Oreos into the house, and leave peanut M&Ms out in the open, but hey, like an ex pro female body builder once told me (and she looked mind blowingly amazing at 55) no one is forcing that food in your mouth !

and I leave you with this profound quote I just made up ha ha

The most beneficial advice will be the one you didn't want to hear!
  • sarahbetherck
    sarahbetherck Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    @muszyngr I believe st = stone, which is roughly 14 lbs. OP, please correct those of us from the US if I'm wrong about that :)

If you programmed the app with all your current info and goals and it told you to eat 1800, eat 1800! Enjoy the journey, you'll get there!
  • B_Plus_Effort
    B_Plus_Effort Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    @muszyngr I believe st = stone, which is roughly 14 lbs. OP, please correct those of us from the US if I'm wrong about that :)

If you programmed the app with all your current info and goals and it told you to eat 1800, eat 1800! Enjoy the journey, you'll get there!

ah, danke
  • Time4Coffee
    Time4Coffee Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I agree with @sarahbetherck If you entered current weight and set the goal for weight loss, the calories MFP calculates should lead to steady weight loss. I've seen this so far, though I've only been entering food for a few weeks. Increasing your daily activity (more walking, etc.) can increase that loss, of course.

To add a tip, I would say that what's been useful to me is to measure and weigh ingredients. No more guessing if that's a teaspoon of cream in my coffee, I actually measure it when I make it at home.

If you like, please add me as a friend as well. Best wishes on your journey!
  • LAT1963
    LAT1963 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    Your calorie target is based on what you reported as your activity level. It is an approximation that will work for most people. If you have technology to measure your actual activity level you can set it up to report to MFP and that will help you narrow down your calorie target window.
  • LAT1963
    LAT1963 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    Also as tIme4coffee said--WEIGH EVERYTHING. Accuracy does wonders.
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,425 Member
    Options
    Weigh everything.

Be honest.

Use grams, not cups and spoons.

Don’t rely on burn results reported by exercise machines- they are often inflated.

Get a fitness tracker. Learn how to set it up properly and use it consistently, wisely and effectively.

Be creative. Learn substitutions. Liquid eggs for eggs, shredded apple or applesauce in lieu of oils in some baked goods, vinegars for dressings or marinades, and so on.

Read this forum thoroughly and absorb - know how to sift the good advice from the BS or those who occasionally show up shilling (or falling for) quick weight loss plans

Read the NEAT strategy thread and use the tips

Know that weight loss isn't a straight line graph. For a thousand and one reasons, it zigs, it zags, it peaks, it valleys. Don’t tie your joy to that graph or scale.

Eat enough to fuel your body, Don’t get in a hurry and fall into the ultra low calorie trap.

Add movement, even if it’s only a short walk every day. Then add more. Then add more, Soon you’ll want to to be moving all the time.

Consider adding some weight training fairly early, if you are physically up to it. I wish I had,

Remind yourself constantly that this is not a diet. This is a new style of living, for a lifetime. Make sure you include foods you enjoy and look forward to eating, rather than punishing yourself via restriction.

Enjoy the small victories, and know there will be setbacks. In the great scheme of things, setbacks that seem big today, will seem small tomorrow, insignificant next week, and you won’t even remember them this time next year.
  • Bluetail6
    Bluetail6 Posts: 2,874 Member
    Options
    ^^ @springlering62
    This is great advice. Also very, very easy to incorporate!! Thanks :):)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!