Cardio / Strength Training??

Options
I have a question and hopefully its not a dumb one haha
I am trying to lose weight, and only doing strength training (would you consider resistance bands strength training??), no cardio.
My question is: Is cardio easier after weight loss and months of strength training? Or would it be the same difficulty regardless??

Replies

• MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    Options
    According to Harvard: https://www.health.harvard.edu/staying-healthy/give-your-heart-health-a-lift

And resistance bands can be strength training tools. Personally, I'd look at the amount of resistance and build up progressively, however. 🤷🏾‍♀️
  • brianpperkins131
    brianpperkins131 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    The less you weigh and better shape you're in will make cardio feel easier when you pick it up. A lot depends what cardio activity you choose.
  • linds_nicole_
    linds_nicole_ Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    MaltedTea wrote: »
    Personally, I'd look at the amount of resistance and build up progressively, however. 🤷🏾‍♀️

What do you mean?
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,442 Member
    Options
    Not do the
    Personally, I'd look at the amount of resistance and build up progressively, however. 🤷🏾‍♀️

What do you mean?

Not do the same exercise with the same resistance continuously, but use more resistance or do more difficult exercises. You don't gain strength my doing the same over and over again. Or do you build leg muscle by just walking the same distance every day, say from your bed to your kitchen? (yes, it's a silly example, but it still holds true).
  • nitalieben
    nitalieben Posts: 680 Member
    Options

What do you mean?

What do you mean?

I.e. some resistance bands have resistance levels indicated, either as extra light, medium, or in terms of lbs or kgs.

So to build up progressively means to increase reps or resistance or both.