Keto for the first time and Lovin’ it! Any Keto friends out there?

Options
jbk01
jbk01 Posts: 6 Member
edited November 2020 in Introduce Yourself
Good morning! Here I am at MFP again ready to give weight loss the most sincere try I can. I’m 61 years old and in recent times it seems nearly impossible to drop the pounds. Recently my doctor suggested I try keto and I can’t thank him enough! This is the first diet I’ve ever been on where I’m not hungry thinking about food all the time. I started three weeks ago and I’m down 12 pounds. For me that is a huge deal! When I started this journey I had a friend take several pictures including this one of my Backside. When I saw this photo I couldn’t believe it and just stared at it. Is this really how I look? Is that really my wide backside? Is that why I find myself eyeing chairs to see if I would fit before I sit in them? I hope before long these issues will be long ‘behind’ me! For anyone wondering I started with the Simply Keto book and love it.iw99qwywoblj.jpeg

Replies

• CANDIGIRL4K
    CANDIGIRL4K Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi, I've done keto on and off for the past 2 years and had great results but falling off lead to weight gain. I'm currently back on it and hoping to make it a true lifestyle change because it works! It's awesome that your doctor recommended that diet and supports your efforts.
  • bubus05
    bubus05 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Yes keto works i have been doing it for six months pretty much a life style now, though I combine it with intermittent fasting and fasting 36 hour periods. I have lost 27 kg or roughly 60 lbs ten more to go. I am yet to decide when I get where I want to be then what...tbh I am worried a little. So many stories about people regaining weight seriously I would be on the verge of harakiri
    If that happened to me.