I'm a drinker...So I need to work around that...

Options
Anybody have any advice other than drink light beer and drinking Hard alcohol with water instead of pop?

Replies

• Bolton1983
    Bolton1983 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Anybody have any advice other than drink light beer and drinking Hard alcohol with water instead of pop?
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    moderation. alcohol = carbs which equals rough times with weight loss. Not that you can't drink, you just need to be aware of how much and how often.
  • catlover
    catlover Posts: 389
    Options
    Record what you do drink so you can see it there in black and white--carbs, calories, etc--you may decide on your own to show moderation during your efforts to lose weight.
  • pete
    pete Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    try drinking soda water, it has no calories, but the bubbles.
  • filergirl
    Options
    Eat less, drink more. :drinker:

Seriously -- wine, gin & soda, and light beer are my mainstays.
  • thebadbear
    Options
    raspberry stoli and diet 7up = Yum and fairly good for you I suppose.
    I struggle with this as well... its tough to not go full out when your out with your friends and they are buying round after round of shooters... mmmmm jager bombs
    But ya moderation if you can! lol :drinker:
  • jessneill
    jessneill Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Same here, I go out at least once a weekend so alcohol has been an issue. I try to judge how many drinks I'll have and work it into my calories for the day.

I'll do an extra long workout the day I'm going to drink. The other thing is make sure you do eat before drinking. It'll slow down the aborption of the alcohol.

The other big issue with alcohol is that it actually temporarily slows down your metabolism. So the whole time your body is trying to process it out, it's burning calories at a much slower rate.

As everyone else has said, moderation is the key.
  • Bolton1983
    Bolton1983 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    thanks guys....advice taken..
    I am glad to see I'm not the only one with this issue...
  • NurseBarb
    NurseBarb Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I only drink occasionally but I came up with a new one at Valentines when we went out.
    Diet Sierra Mist and Melon Skyy vodka, it was really good!
  • ZMC888
    ZMC888 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    If you love beer but just drink a few, i find it all piles the weight on quickly. If you get badly drunk it seems like you can actually loose a little weight (unhealthy). Or fluid loss?:laugh: