Wow. Who Would've Thought?

Options
Before I joined MFP, my highest weight was at 156lbs in April of this year. I had done a routine check-up at my doctor's and when I stepped on the scale, I nearly cried. How had I gone from being a super sporty track and volleyball athlete to this? I decided to take control of my life and eventually managed to shimmy way down to 130 by this afternoon. I was stunned when I stepped onto the scale and saw it read back to me "130.0". There was a point where I thought "Am I ever going to get to where I used to be?" ...actually...there were MANY times where I thought this. It was also frustrating to have some people tell me "There's no way you're over 150! You're still so TINY" but it was the truth that I was inching my way toward being overweight. According to the BMI... I was 4lbs away from it! Of course, those closest to me (and who were honest) noticed the weight gain. They were encouraging when I told them that I wanted to shed the pounds - especially my mom who I'd like to say now is complaining that I'm "losing too much weight"... With her its either I'm always "too fat" or "too skinny"... but my relationship with her though has never been fantastic and ever since I could remember she would always criticize me about my weight - but let's not talk about that!!!

Just wow...who would've thought that 26lbs are gone!? I'm still not even at my goal, but I'm halfway there! MFP was SUCH a big help when I had joined in May and I'm very thankful for it and the friends I've made on here. Well... I guess this is the part where I show pictures, huh? Here they are! :]

Bellagio, Las Vegas, NV in late March of this year. I was probably already 156 by this point. I look preggers!
DSC04252.jpg

Stratosphere, Las Vegas, NV, August 11th, 2011 at 132.5lbs
DSC04850.jpg

Catching some rays at Santa Monica, August 2nd, 2011
DSC04534.jpg

Replies

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!