Why??? ( a rant about food addiction)

Options
Why is it always about emotional issues???

Why do these people feel the urge to tell me what is wrong with me and don't want to take the time to listen to what i have to say.

They don't know us, I eat because it tastes good not because I have had a crappy life.

I know I have a problem and I would give anything to stop thinking about food 24/7, but this is never gonna happen.

Teach me how to deal with it instead of punishing me for giving into my addiction, teach me how to succeed and not punish me when I fail.

There are those that will never understand, but just tell me you don't understand and quit telling me how to change myself because you will never know what is like until you have the same addiction as me.

Quit telling me I am screwing up, I already know this!!

I AM ADDICTED TO FOOD, I will lie about it and I will hide it I will over indulge and I will eat the bad things. Just know I am trying and it is a fight everyday to keep this demon inside me at bay.

Dont pretend to know me, just be there for me if you are a true friend.

Just had to vent and get some things off my chest, thanks for listening.

Replies

• joakool
    joakool Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    It's OK to vent here. That's what we're here for. ((hugs))
  • Fayve
    Fayve Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    I feel the same. I love food, and I feel i'm addicted to it. I DO NOT feel that this is connected to anything emotional for me however.
  • NKF92879
    NKF92879 Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    I am so proud of you! The first step in becoming a better version of yourself is to know your faults. You're amazing and you can beat this!:flowerforyou:
  • Sevanss
    Sevanss Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I am sorry that people feel the need to tell you what is wrong with you without even knowing who you really are. I think you are an amazing person and fighting hard to do what is best for you. Keep up the great work !! You are inspiration to me :flowerforyou:
  • eatnbetter
    eatnbetter Posts: 105
    Options
    I'm right there with you!! And the hard part about this addiction is: WE HAVE TO EAT EVERYDAY!! That makes it even harder!! It's not like it's something we can completely do without, so the challenging part is to try not to go crazy over it like a crack head! And not only am I addicted to food, I'm addicted to all the bad foods..LOL! Not the healthy stuff! So now I have to give myself a pep talk before I even eat or prepare a meal! This is challenging but I'm up for it because I'm tired of being miserable!
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    At the end of the day, the only person you really have to answer to is yourself. Thrive off the positive reinforcement and ignore (as best you can) the negative. As long as you keep working at it you will get to where you want to be eventually.

Good Luck!
  • miminp
    miminp Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    i can eat well all day. now after the kids are in bed and everything is quiet all i want to do is eat...at first i'm wasn't even hungry......just wanted something to eat...now its 9 pm and i feel like i'm having hunger pangs...is this real? do i need medication? am i crazy?