Total loss of Motivation, not sure what to do

Options
So back in July and part of August I got really motivated and was walking 2 miles about 5 days a week or working out at home and started to eat better. I lost about 12lbs. I was taking advantage of the fact that 3 of my 5 kids were in Mexico visiting their grandma for about a month or so. But once they got back and we now have them again for a week at a time or more, and it was getting really hot again, and working full time I stopped. I haven't been on a walk or worked out at home since about late August now. I am having the worst time finding the motivation and time when they are all home. Also now its getting dark at like 5pm and I don't get home from work till 5:30pm so I can't really go for walks anymore. I just don't feel safe doing it by myself in the dark. Which sucks cause I truly miss my walks. I want to get my motivation back but everything going on in my life including finally getting treatment for my depression and anxiety is killing me right now. I need to try and find ways to make this work along with everything going on now.

Replies

• JAC581
    JAC581 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I posted this in another thread earlier today, but I decided to wait until I was in a good place mentally to start my weight loss journey. Depression and anxiety can be horrible to deal with (I have both as well), and I think getting them to be a bit more manageable will make creating healthy eating and exercise routines easier to start and continue with. I'm glad to hear you are getting treatment for them and hope it goes well.

Additionally, I've found coming on here and making friends is a really great way to have some support and keep you going.

Is walking before work an option for you? Or taking a break from work to go for a half hour walk or something? (Not sure what you do for work so it may not be possible.)
  • cvdub16
    cvdub16 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Before work isn't unless I wanna walk at like 5am haha. As far as at work its sorta possible, but I am so busy I hardly have time to take a break to eat. I usually just eat and work. Plus I wouldn't want to go for a walk and then be all sweaty and nasty the rest of the day here. I think my only time is after work. Thank you for your kind words as well. :)