Why am I suddenly so hungry ?

Hi!

I started my caloric deficit 61 days ago. For the first 30 days I was eating around 1800 calories. And I didn’t feel especially hungry. Things were fine except I was losing too fast. So I bumped up my daily calories to 2000. Which is a 400-500 calories deficit. I’m losing steadily and at a very decent rate. Except that I’m starving for some reason.

I workout 5-6 times a week. And try to walk and get at least 8-10k steps a day. I work a desk job so my workout and walks are the only activity I get

Replies

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 28,053 Member
    weedspot wrote: »
    Hi!

I started my caloric deficit 61 days ago. For the first 30 days I was eating around 1800 calories. And I didn’t feel especially hungry. Things were fine except I was losing too fast. So I bumped up my daily calories to 2000. Which is a 400-500 calories deficit. I’m losing steadily and at a very decent rate. Except that I’m starving for some reason.

I workout 5-6 times a week. And try to walk and get at least 8-10k steps a day. I work a desk job so my workout and walks are the only activity I get

Sometimes there is a "honeymoon" period before hunger catches up.

I wonder if you are still losing too fast and have some questions:

1. Over the last 4 weeks, how many pounds per week did you lose and how many pounds away from your goal weight are you?
    2. What percent of the calories you earn from exercise are you eating back?
  • Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    If you're still losing at a "very decent rate" chances are decently high that your deficit remains high.

Very few people associate an actually moderate deficit with a "very decent rate of loss"

The *more usual* association is "it feels slow as molasses in January".... of course there's always a southern hemisphere person available to prove one wrong!😹

You called, dear @PAV8888? :lol:

Yeah, nah...as much as I do like to prove you wrong, I concur on this one ('cept switch January to July, obvs ;) ).
  • spiriteagle99
    spiriteagle99 Posts: 3,731 Member
    Are you eating back some or most of your exercise calories?
  • angelexperiment
    angelexperiment Posts: 1,917 Member
    Some foods can trigger more hungry feelings. I’d say try to throw more healthy fats to see if it is affecting it.