People Actively Working Out To Reach Their Goal of Losing 50-100lbs πŸ™‹πŸ½

Options
remedieigotcha
remedieigotcha Posts: 51 Member
edited November 2020 in Motivation and Support
Hello Everyone! I am starting this thread for those of us who are DONE making excuses and who are committed and EXCITED to BE ON their journey towards reaching their body goals!

I had previously lost about 70-80lbs, but I only was able to enjoy it for about 9 months before finding out I was pregnant. I gained 28-30lbs during pregnancy, and another 40lbs after, over 4yrs time.
Luckily I went to the doctor's recently in July where I realized I was back at my max weight and decided to invest in my weight loss journey back down into ONEderland. I bought a stepper, jump rope, an ab wheel, and resistance bands to tighten as I go. I started working out at the end of July/beginning of August and lost 30lbs so far πŸ˜πŸ™ŒπŸΎπŸ’ͺ🏾
I also enrolled in a fitness class at the community college to help me get into/stay in routine with working out at least 4 days/week. It provides 4 days of workouts to follow.

I would like for us to post all of our workouts and weekly weigh-ins, as well as encouraging and motivational comments for each other.

Here's to reaching our body goals!!

5'9"
SW: 270lbs
CW: 240lbs
GW: 180-190lbs

11/1: 240lbs
11/8:
11/15:
11/22:
11/29:

Replies

• smallmu
    smallmu Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hey, I'm in. I'm Jo, I'm in London.

Had my two daughters in the space of a year, lost all my baby weight then put it all back on and more when I broke my leg and ankle in 4 places in a running accident. Lockdown hasn't helped!!

Still not allowed to run but having physio. Aiming to burn 500 cals day in November by walking (takes me an hour at a fast pace). Also doing HIIT training (Joe Wicks) 5 days a week. We'll see how that pans out...

Need to lose about 60 pounds to get back to my normal weight. Be happy with the 46 it takes too get me back in my healthy range.

I think in kilograms but I've put pounds in too, if it helps...

160cm (5' 2")
    SW: 91kg (200lbs)
    CW: 83.9kg (185lbs)
    1st Interim GW: 76kg (167lbs) - BMI 'overweight' not 'obese'!!
    2nd Interim GW: 63kg (139lbs) - BMI in healthy range
    Final GW: 56kg (123lbs) - BMI in middle of healthy range

11/1: 83.9 kg (185lbs)
    11/8:
    11/15:
    11/22:
    11/29:

• JAC581
    JAC581 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Jamie. I'm 35 and live in Pennsylvania. My weight has gone up and down nonstop since college. I recently hit my highest ever weight of 250 lbs. and decided I need to make a big change. I restarted MFP about a month ago because it has worked for me in the past. I'm looking to lose at least 80 lbs., at which point I will reevaluate and possibly go for another 20 lbs., putting me in the 150-170 range.

Height: 5'6"
    Highest weight: 250 lbs. at the beginning of 2020.
    Starting weight: 247 lbs. at the beginning of October 2020.
    Current weight: 236.4 lbs.
    Goal weight: 170 lbs.

11/2: 236.4
    11/9:
    11/16:
    11/23:
    11/30:
  • remedieigotcha
    edited November 2020
    Options
    @smallmu Hey Jo, welcome! I'm sorry to read about your accident, but I'm happy to see that you're taking control of your health with planning and working out πŸ˜πŸ‘πŸ½πŸ’ͺ🏽 If there is anything I can do to assist you along this journey please let me know, seriously. Let's do this!
  • remedieigotcha
    edited November 2020
    Options
    @JAC581 Hi Jamie and welcome! I can relate to battling my weight for years, personally as long as I can remember. Now I'm ready for a permanent/lifestyle change and I'm happy to read that you're ready too. Sincerely, if you need any assistance from me that I can provide, please let me know. Let's do this! πŸ˜πŸ‘πŸ½πŸ’ͺ🏽
  • remedieigotcha
    Options
    "burned 354 calories doing 24 minutes of Running (jogging), 5 mph (12 min mile)"

Got in a 2 mile jog this morning. I'm proud of myself bcuz i wasn't feeling like it, but this quote got to me and reminded me that if i really want it, i have to put in the work: β€œDo something today that your future self will thank you for.” β€”Unknown

Hope everyone is enjoying their day! ☺
  • remedieigotcha
    Options
    "burned 636 calories doing 50 minutes of Aerobics, high impact"

35sec each, 3 reps each:
    Squats & calf raises
    Modified Diamond Tricep Pushups
    V-ups alt.
    Mtn climbers
    Calf raises w/ r.b.
    Tricep extensions w/ r.b.
    Single leg glut bridge
    Scissor crunches
    **water break**
    Single leg squats
    Side lateral raises w/ r.b.
    Bicycles
    Pelvic drops
    Lunges
    Modified Pushups
    Hip bridges
    Air bike

Hope everyone is getting it in as well! πŸ‘πŸ½πŸ’ͺ🏽
  • healthygirlintransit
    Options
    Hello everyone,
    I'm Dia from Atlanta. My weight has been an issue for a couple of years. It's like an on again off again relationship but I'm finally ready to let it go. I'm excited because I'm doing this for myself, I'm making myself a priority and not hiding behind my fat.

Height: 4'11"
    Heaviest Weight: 250lbs
    SW: 248.8
    CW: 224.8

11/2: 229.8
    11/9:224.8
    11/16:
    11/23:
    11/30:
  • remedieigotcha
    edited November 2020
    Options
    @healthygirlintransit Welcome! I applaud your commitment to yourself. Congrats on the 24lbs loss so far! Keep it going, let's go! πŸ’ͺπŸΎπŸ‘πŸΎ
  • remedieigotcha
    Options
    11/1: 240.4lbs
    11/8: 236.8
    11/15:
    11/22:
    11/29:
  • remedieigotcha
    edited November 2020
    Options
    "burned 755 calories doing 60 minutes of Aerobics, high impact"

45sec each, 3 reps
    Upright rows, planks
    Mtn climbers, leg circles
    LAT pulls, leg curls
    Jump rope, reg. bicep curls
    Hip bridges, lunges
    Reg. bicep curls, squats
    Superman, high knee crunches
    Wall squats, hammer bicep curls
    Glut kicks, single leg glut bridge
    Calf raises, pushups
    Planks

No more modified 😁πŸ’ͺπŸΎπŸ‘πŸΎ And I use resistance bands with all of the exercises that I can use them
  • remedieigotcha
    Options
    I'm proud to say I'm finally at the halfway mark of my 1st goal!! Yay! πŸ™ŒπŸΎπŸ˜ 5lbs more and I'll be at the halfway mark of my UGW! Let's go!

11/1: 240.4lbs
    11/8: 236.8
    11/15: 235.2!!
    11/22:
    11/29:
  • healthygirlintransit
    Options
    Hello everyone,
    I'm Dia from Atlanta. My weight has been an issue for a couple of years. It's like an on again off again relationship but I'm finally ready to let it go. I'm excited because I'm doing this for myself, I'm making myself a priority and not hiding behind my fat.

Height: 4'11"
    Heaviest Weight: 250lbs
    SW: 248.8
    CW: 224.8

11/2: 229.8
    11/9:224.8
    11/16: 222.6
    11/23:
    11/30:

2.2.lbs down - this week I'm adding in some strength training alternating between upper and lower body. Keep up the good work everyone!