35 lbs by May 1st: Anyone want to join me for accountability?

Options
2»

Replies

• getto80kg
    getto80kg Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm in add me,, for to lose 16lbs
    5973793 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm in need to lose 30
  • sandee_shore
    sandee_shore Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Please add me. Sent friend request w/ message. Thank you for leading!!
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,403 Member
    Options
    Right.
    Per Mayo Clinic-
    "3. Set realistic goals
    It may seem obvious to set realistic weight-loss goals. But do you really know what's realistic? Over the long term, it's smart to aim for losing 1 to 2 pounds (0.5 to 1 kilogram) a week."

It really depends on how heavy you are now, You should never eat less than 1200 net calories, ok? Thus mfp will not give you less than 1200 calories, and you are supposed to eat exercise calories back as your body needs nutrition.

If your current maintenance calories are 1800 calories per day and you wanted to lose 1.5lbs per week then you'd need a deficit of 750 calories per day. 1800-750 = 1050 calories. In this example you can see that a loss of 1.5lbs per week would not be possible. And as you lose weight your maintenance calories go down, thus this becomes even less possible.
  • 3greyhorses
    3greyhorses Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Correct, it does depend on your current weight. It takes approximately 15 calories/pound for maintenance. At 175.5lbs, that puts my maintenance at 2632.5 calories a day. I absolutely do not need to be eating that many calories and it should be no problem to cut back. https://www.health.harvard.edu/staying-healthy/calorie-counting-made-easy#:~:text=To do so, you need,if you are moderately active.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,403 Member
    Options
    Whoa, careful with this equation! If I were to eat according to it I would overeat by approximately 400 calories each day. Using something more scientifically proven (https://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/#charts) you'd need to be about 1.80cm, 22 years old and be very active to get a similar calorie burn. Why not put your data into mfp and a realistic guess for your activity without exercise to see what you get for maintenance?
  • 3greyhorses
    3greyhorses Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I appreciate your input. I'm going to follow Harvard's suggestions and have put in my info to MFP to get the daily caloric goal. Have a good day.
  • ibrake4bunnies
    ibrake4bunnies Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Interested. :) Will join the group.