Scale recommendations?

Options
I believe my scale is getting old, if I Way myself I get one number and then immediately weigh myself again I may get another number 2 pounds off. In the market for a new one. What are some recommendations for accurate scales under $30 preferably. I also would like one that can tell me a body fat % estimate as well

Replies

• Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,646 Member
    Options
    I got a nice cheap Bluetooth one on Amazon. Check there
  • Toviathan
    Toviathan Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm really happy with this one. Just got it last week and it's nice to get a little extra data. Plus I have the weight to automatically sync to my fitbit, which then pushes it to MFP so I never have to record my weight myself.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N1UX8RW/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,389 Member
    Options
    I simply have a cheap scale without any extra functions. Not a fan of internet of things to start with, and bodyfat etc are not much more than guesses anyway. Works. If it didn't work properly I'd have returned it to the shop.
  • westrich20940
    westrich20940 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    My roommate and I have a Renpro scale that measures all kinds of information including: body fat %, BMR, Weight, and all kinds of stuff. It connects to an app on your phone, which I liked because then I can choose to have that app synch with other apps on my phone.

So, I have it set to sync with my Runkeeper app - so the estimated calorie burn is a bit more accurate, which helps me make sure I'm eating what I need to.
  • Dogmom1978
    Dogmom1978 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    Body fat percentages are generally wildly inaccurate in scales, so don’t recommend you pay extra for one that includes it.

I shopped around on the used market and got a used doctors office scale. They are balance beam scales and are considered quite accurate. I got mine for $40. Sometimes I wish it wasn’t accurate because I don’t like what it says 😂
  • xodreamariexo
    xodreamariexo Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Sorry everyone *weigh. Just realized talk to text used the wrong spelling lol. Thanks for suggestions everyone!
  • jamloche
    jamloche Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I'm a big fan of the Eatsmart Precision Plus digital scale. It's about $24 on Amazon. No bells and whistles, just accuracy and repeatability.