New Improved ME

Options
Hey All
I gave up pop one week ago, and have been drinking a ton of water. I also watched what I ate for the past week. Turns out, I gained weight. I am pissed and it has me motivated. I am new here, but looking forward to a weight loss journey and a new me.

Replies

• sandhillcrane
    Options
    You might be surprised as to how much keeping track of calories and exercise will help you. I am feeling better, and lighter, since joining 2 weeks ago!
    Good luck...I'll friend request you!
  • natalietowens
    Options
    Often you will gain a few pounds before starting to lose, don't give up. Congratulations on giving up pop you will be happy you did.
  • cthoma70
    cthoma70 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I love this thing on my phone, keeps me on the straight and narrow, no wait the slim and skinny. :smile: :drinker:
  • Jacksonsmomma2211
    Options
    Maybe it's just water weight. Don't give up and I hope you see a change soon:happy:
  • Igotthis13
    Options
    Thanks for all the encouragement - I appreciate it
    The FUNNY part of all of this is I WORK AT A HEALTH CLUB, so YOU would THINK this would be EASY, but it isn't.

How are you all doing? What are you giving credit to for success?
  • wiglet23
    wiglet23 Posts: 887 Member
    Options
    This seems to be a very helpful tool in my struggle to control my weight... this is my 2nd week going, and I've lost about 5 lbs. I never really knew just how many calories were in the foods I was eating... this has been eye opening, to say the least. It's also great that you can earn more calories to eat in the day just be doing a little exercising... THAT is motivating too! ;)

10715479.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • mikebudd
    mikebudd Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Tracking what I eat has been a real eye opener for me. I was eating about 4 pieces of bread a day and drank about 2 quarts of milk. I never thought much about this. I was eating whole grain bread and drinking skim milk. That good for me, right? Starting tracking calories and discovered the bread was 130 calories a slice and the milk was 80 calories a cup. Almost 1000 calories in milk and bread alone. No wonder I have a problem. Starting tracking my calories and have lost 20 lbs in less than a month. MFP has taught me a good lesson.
  • Igotthis13
    Options
    Yeah I am excited to start tracking my food intake, so I can figure this out
    I was so bummed that I had gained 4 pounds in a week without pop and watching what I ate.
    Thanks for sharing everyone