Hi y'all

Well, I just turned 47 and I'm around 240 lbs. 5'6". I have always desired to be at least 198 lbs. My oldest son 21 yes old helped me sign up on here today! My wife and I have been married for 22 years, and 7 awesome kids later here I am. My biggest concern is WILL, OR CAN I STILL LOSE WEIGHT AT MY AGE? Great to be here and here's to your health. Chris

Replies

• cgrout78
    cgrout78 Posts: 1,679 Member
    You certainly can, it might take more work, but you can lose weight and get healthier at ANY age!! Best of luck to you!
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    You can lose weight at any age. Just takes hard work! Good luck on your Journey to a healthier life
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    edited November 2020
    Christopher, the sky is not the limit and it never was. There is no box. Don't put any limitations on yourself at any age. Some may want to keep themselves in a box and only want friends to join them with a corresponding weight and age but you're limiting yourself if you do that.

Start searching the backroads of the forum. Read all of the stickies. Get your bearings and footing established. Learn from those who know the ropes and are still standing after all of these years. Take what you need from a bunch of different sources.

There's no need to reinvent the wheel. Follow the wagon trails of those who can get you there. This is serious business. It's your life.

@quiksylver296 is a good role model. She knows where all of the best threads are, too.
    Ooo, one more. @Chieflrg I like Chief because I've always liked the Chief...it just has that nice ring to it. ;)
  • gisem17
    gisem17 Posts: 50 Member
    Those stats sound familiar. I am about your age and I started at about your weight. I lost 20 lbs in three month, and I'm just getting started. If I can do it, so can you.
    Use the app, trust the app, the app is your pal (bad pun intended). Seriously, if you follow two simple rules, you'll do fine. 1) record everything you eat into the app along with your exercising. And 2) keep your calories within budget. That's all it takes.
    It sounds like you have the support of your family (at least your oldest), don't be afraid to let them see you logging your meals.
    If you want a friend, I wouldn't mind following your status updates.
  • Dogmom1978
    Dogmom1978 Posts: 1,580 Member
    CICO at any age is what matters. Sure, it’s SLIGHTLY harder to lose weight in our 40s than in our 20s, but not by much.

I’m in my 40s and I’ve lost 40 lbs with about another 40 to lose.

And remember, you don’t need to change everything at once. Get a food scale, weigh your food, stay within your goal calories (don’t pick a rate of loss that’s too aggressive for your total lbs to lose) and you will lose weight.