Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

New Improved ME

Hey All
I gave up pop one week ago, and have been drinking a ton of water. I also watched what I ate for the past week. Turns out, I gained weight. I am pissed and it has me motivated. I am new here, but looking forward to a weight loss journey and a new me.

Replies

• You might be surprised as to how much keeping track of calories and exercise will help you. I am feeling better, and lighter, since joining 2 weeks ago!
    Good luck...I'll friend request you!
  • Often you will gain a few pounds before starting to lose, don't give up. Congratulations on giving up pop you will be happy you did.
  • cthoma70
    cthoma70 Posts: 228 Member
    I love this thing on my phone, keeps me on the straight and narrow, no wait the slim and skinny. :smile: :drinker:
  • Maybe it's just water weight. Don't give up and I hope you see a change soon:happy:
  • Thanks for all the encouragement - I appreciate it
    The FUNNY part of all of this is I WORK AT A HEALTH CLUB, so YOU would THINK this would be EASY, but it isn't.

How are you all doing? What are you giving credit to for success?
  • wiglet23
    wiglet23 Posts: 887 Member
    This seems to be a very helpful tool in my struggle to control my weight... this is my 2nd week going, and I've lost about 5 lbs. I never really knew just how many calories were in the foods I was eating... this has been eye opening, to say the least. It's also great that you can earn more calories to eat in the day just be doing a little exercising... THAT is motivating too! ;)

10715479.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • mikebudd
    mikebudd Posts: 26 Member
    Tracking what I eat has been a real eye opener for me. I was eating about 4 pieces of bread a day and drank about 2 quarts of milk. I never thought much about this. I was eating whole grain bread and drinking skim milk. That good for me, right? Starting tracking calories and discovered the bread was 130 calories a slice and the milk was 80 calories a cup. Almost 1000 calories in milk and bread alone. No wonder I have a problem. Starting tracking my calories and have lost 20 lbs in less than a month. MFP has taught me a good lesson.
  • Yeah I am excited to start tracking my food intake, so I can figure this out
    I was so bummed that I had gained 4 pounds in a week without pop and watching what I ate.
    Thanks for sharing everyone