bloatedy-bloat-bloat

Options
Oh, man. . .:noway:

I went for sushi yesterday, ate a sensible 600-ish calorie amount, used NO soy sauce and I've blown up like a house.

I drank extra water yesterday, but my rings are tight and my skin even feels tight. And (ouch) the scale is up 3 pounds from yesterday. (even though I know that's "fake weight" I still hate to see that number)

What did they put in my spicy tuna roll? What gives? Yikes?

Replies

• lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options

I went for sushi yesterday, ate a sensible 600-ish calorie amount, used NO soy sauce and I've blown up like a house.

I drank extra water yesterday, but my rings are tight and my skin even feels tight. And (ouch) the scale is up 3 pounds from yesterday. (even though I know that's "fake weight" I still hate to see that number)

• filergirl
    Options
    Maybe you're having an inflammatory reaction? Have you tried going off all spicy foods / nightshade vegetables?

I find anything "spicy" will bloat me up terribly.

But screw giving it up!
  • lotusfromthemud
    Options
    yeah, I could chalk it up to wasabi.

I'll just have to plan on stretchy pants on my post sushi-days.

I've given up half the food world. My spicy things must stay.

Also, I rationalize that the spicy will kill any bacteria that might be lurking in the raw fish.:tongue:

that's my system, and I'm stickin' to it. But, it is time to have my "inflammation" test run, I have to go to my doctor.
  • its time for change
    Options
    Okay, very touchy subject that I am about to broach on. First of all, I love Sushi and I do eat it, but it is filled with tons of parasites that get into our bodies and spread like wild fire. They can cause us to have headaches, stress, hunger, anxiety, depression, weight gain, irritability, etc. I don't remember if I ever read about swelling but I don't see why they couldn't cause that too. ??
  • lotusfromthemud
    Options
    Yes, I know this warning about sushi.

I rarely eat out. But, I still do sometimes. I

Oh, and not to discount the sushi dangers, but as a former restaurant worker, if we knew what was going on in food-prep facilities, we'd all never eat again. I have to take all the dangers with a grain of salt.

But, too much salt, and I'd bloat.:tongue:
  • jessneill
    jessneill Posts: 380 Member
    Options

Darn, that's exactely what I'm having for lunch today! I hope I don't bloat more on top of my normal "it's almost that time of the month bloat!" :smile:
  • jessneill
    jessneill Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    pushed to button too many times and it duplicated my post.... I must be impatient this morning.

Too bad we can't delete posts alltogether....