Needing Inspiration

Options
Hi Everyone! I've been with MFP for a long time but recently came back due to weight gain. I joined in 2008 after WLS. I lost 161 pounds, took about 5 years and I regained 97 lbs. I've lost 24 lbs. since June. It's a long slow road but I'm not complaining. Here for more inspiration. Need friends, please add me.

Replies

• 1poundatax
    1poundatax Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! What an amazing weight loss you had- and it sounds like you are well on your way to losing what you regained. I know it is frustrating. About 10 years ago I took off about 65 pounds, eventually I put about 40-45 back on so here I am again. One thing I truly understand now is this is a lifestyle change, I will not reach a certain weight one day and say ok- that's done. I am letting the journey take as long as it takes to get the weight off and then I will work to maintain it. I am down 28 pounds from my high in March, about 20 pounds since I started recording my weight here. I didn't start tracking food and exercise until August/September. My chaanges have been slow, I know my approach isn't for everyone but it is working for me. Good luck to you, I know you can do this.
  • stolen_spoon
    stolen_spoon Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hey! Good luck on your journey! Feel free to add me!
  • 3greyhorses
    3greyhorses Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/138941-countdown-to-may-1st-2021 We've already started this group, but anyone is welcome to join at any time no matter what their goal is. Accountability and support is the main purpose :smile: Feel free to add me.