Weight loss plateau? 😩

Hi everyone! I am in my late twenties and I am a male. I have been stuck at the same weight range for weeks now.

I do intermittent fasting, specifically OMAD (One Meal A Day). I do 24 hour fasts nearly every day. Meaning, let’s say I eat from 12:00pm-12:20pm, I will eat the next day at 12:20pm and so on.

I have consumed about 2100 calories, then dropped it down to 1700-1800 calories and nothing. I aim for 1 gram of protein per pound of bodyweight. My carbs around 125-150grams. The rest I fill in with fats, which is typically around 28-32% of my calories.

I lift weights six times a week and do cardio everyday. The types of cardio I do as typically LISS (treadmill) and occasionally HIIT cardio. I do go on walks everyday also aka NEAT.

The scale hasn’t really gone down but my measurements (waist/belly) have slowly gone down.

I have a cheat OMAD once a week. Meaning I cheat with a bunch of junk for one meal a day once a week.

Also, i eat pizza from Dominoes everyday, but I count it in my calories. Could that be whats messing me up? Could the calories and macros be off from that and that’s what’s messing everything up?

I should also add that I’ve struggled with my weight for years.

Also, I am on medicine for mental health that makes me very hungry and some say it messes with the way my body metabolizes food. So there’s that.

Sorry for long message but I wanted to be detailed. Thank you everyone :)

Replies

• yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,861 Member
    Too little information.

What is your current and goal weight, and how tall are you?
    what's your weightloss goal?
    How do you measure your calorie intake? Do you use a food scale or cups/spoons, or packaging info?
    Do you check the database entries for accuracy?
    How long have you been stuck, and at what weight? Or are you losing slowly?
  • B_Plus_Effort
    B_Plus_Effort Posts: 311 Member
    I'm the guy here who gives hard love I guess.

Stop eating the pizza that is at the top of the worst foods you can eat and we can argue this all day. Stop for at least a month, see if you have the discipline to do it.

Stop eating the junk food once a week. Stop for at least one month.

Being fit costs. Looking good costs. Are you willing to pay the price?

Not being rude but think about it, you want the new Play Station, well it costs $300 bucks or so, well you gotta pay that in order to get it, so your physique costs it costs in time, it costs in sweat, it costs in patience and discipline.

Remember the easiest calories to burn are the ones you don't put in your mouth in the first place!

you can do it, stop repeating what is not yielding results!

I am posting my 30 day loss graph to show you it's not always or ever a straight line, there's ups and downs

fnkhrj36fdjf.jpg
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,345 Member
    If you're eating pizza every day, what else are you eating?

Humans need a variety of foods, different vegetables, fruit, lots of protein, different forms of fat other than the cheese and oils in the pizza. If you aren't getting proper nutrition you're just making it exponentially harder.

We don't know enough about you otherwise.

Like, your current height, weight, daily activity level (your job, chores, kids, housework, etc.)

Are you logging your food here? Open up your diary if so. Use a food scale, get varied nutrition.
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    How big a deficit do you think you are running?
    (the answers to above questions too for knowing if that is reasonable or not)
    Unreasonable and body will adapt to make it reasonable, besides being stressed over it anyway.

If it's a minor deficit because you have little left to lose to healthy weight, then I could see take out pizza made by hand and perhaps not weighed ingredients wiping it out.
    Compared to say frozen built on assembly line with tighter controls of how it's made.
    And even there I've seen 20% more weight for the 3-6 serving size than stated.
    So about 1200 calories instead of 1000 perhaps. That 200 plus some inaccuracies on calorie burn in all that exercise could easily wipe out a small deficit.

Hence more info needed.

If you are correctly eating more when you do more with all that exercise, you have to have better estimates or except the fact you'll have to just blindly adjust eating level without knowing where the error is.
    Which means if you aren't going to keep up that level (as you get older I'm doubting you'll have the time) you'll just learn to adapt.

But first your answers to the questions will help give an idea if you are gaining stress water weight - can gain upwards of 20 lbs there slowly - that could hide a lot of fat loss on the scale for awhile.
    And not a great state for the body to be in - you'd have no idea how good your workouts could probably be without being at that level of stress.
    Because if it's stress water weight because of the deficit being attempted already - the worst idea is to just keep eating less and less.
    And while eventually you will start losing scale weight in that case - get ready for some sucky workouts and really stressed body.

If it's not stress, but merely bad logging of eating and exercise - then the solution is to adapt how much you eat.
  • spiriteagle99
    spiriteagle99 Posts: 3,733 Member
    Your fasting isn't making a difference. It's the total calories you eat that matter, not when you eat them. Your cheat meals probably contain more calories than you think. One large meal can undo a week of deficit eating. If you are eating pizza every day at your one meal a day, your diet is seriously unbalanced. That's really not healthy. You are also getting a lot of salt, which is causing you to retain a lot of water.
  • Ddsb11
    Ddsb11 Posts: 607 Member
    Number 1 reason people stop losing= Not using a food scale for everything they eat and drink and ultimately consuming more calories than they think. So, how do you track your food?
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,345 Member
    @psychod787

:lol:

Mysteriously, that time the Notification worked. *sigh*
  • nanastaci2020
    nanastaci2020 Posts: 1,072 Member
    About the pizza... I worked at Dominos part time for 10 years including while losing 50 pounds in 10 months. I ate food from there regularly. But I also knew the manager topped pizza in the correct portions. If he wasn't working, I made my own. Again, using correct toppings. If your Dominos "overtops" that could mean easily you are eating more calories than you think.

If you make more of your own food, you can more accurately account for the calories you take in. As others pointed out: calories matter for weight loss. If you are eating at a deficit you will lose weight over time.

Probably ordering Dominos tonight. New manager, and I've been gone a year so no clue if they top right now. But most of my logging is accurate (weighed on food scale) so estimating occasionally will mean only erring occasionally.