Is it weird...

Options
for a 20 year old to date a 30 year old? Opinions please.

Replies

• albinogorilla
    albinogorilla Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    as the 30 year old, i would say no
  • albinogorilla
    albinogorilla Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    but if my daughter was the 20 year old trying to date a 30 year old i would say yes
  • brewingaz
    brewingaz Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    Nah, I don't think so. Unless it was my daughter.
  • brewingaz
    brewingaz Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    Or what Bigbear said.
  • Banks01
    Banks01 Posts: 985 Member
    Options
    Its better if it's 21/30 but no

As an OLD MAN, I've dated as young as 25 but I tend to stay 15 years or less lately

Age ain't nothing ut a number, and a way to make great cheese and wine
  • mrmarius
    mrmarius Posts: 1,802 Member
    Options
    not really, if you both have alot in common
  • BecksgotBack
    BecksgotBack Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    depends on the maturity level of the people you're talking about...
    i've dated guys my own age, 10'ish years younger, and 10'ish years older....in the end they were all a bunch of *kitten*
    age is just a number
  • laughingdani
    laughingdani Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    I agree with the posters above. lol

I'm guessing you met someone? Go for it. You're a smart girl. Age is just a number. If you're happy don't worry what anyone else says or what it might "look" like.

:flowerforyou:
  • jmelyan23
    jmelyan23 Posts: 1,664 Member
    Options
    I don't think so. I think even if they're 10 years older, if you feel like you want to be with them and they make you happy, then do it.
  • 42hockeymom
    42hockeymom Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    Well, as the mother of a 21 year old daughter (yes, I had her when I was 8) I would say it's a case by case thing. She dated one 28 yo who was an *kitten*. But then she dated another guy who was 29 and was a fantastic person, but they just didn't "hit it off". Nothing to do with their ages, just didn't have that spark. So it all depends on the maturity of the 20 yo girl and the 30 year old guy.
  • Goddess111682
    Goddess111682 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Nope! age isnt nothing but a #! I dated a 42 year old at the age of 22...we were mentally the same age....lol
  • horsepullerlovesme
    Options
    i've dated guys my own age, 10'ish years younger, and 10'ish years older....in the end they were all a bunch of *kitten*
    age is just a number

lmbo u go girl.
  • megz4987
    megz4987 Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    I agree that it depends on maturity and where you are in your lives.
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    I think it depends on the people.

I've dated guys who were younger than me (was 33, he was 23) and guys who were older (33 to 40). Obviously neither one worked out - but, it wasn't their AGE that was a problem... it was just them. ;)
  • NiciS72
    NiciS72 Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    Depends, are you the 20 yo or is he? I'd say yes if it's you, no if it's him. This is based upon the GENERAL maturity level of women vs men at 20. That said, if you and he are OK with it and you have no issues GO FOR IT.
  • InaWarZone
    Options
    There is a VAST difference in maturity level between a 20yo and a 30yo.
  • boomboom011
    Options
    nope! Im 36 and my husband is 49. There is something to say about being with someone older. My husband has way more life experiences and he is not only my husband but a great source of wisdom. Plus, the maturity thing. It was an issue when i was in my 20s but now not so much. He obviously loves me the way I am cause he's still married to me and vice versa.

P.S. i love this topic. i could go on and on about it.
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    I met my ex when she was 18 (she told me she was 21...big clue here). I was 30. She was beautiful, intelligent, mature, reserved...and for the most part acted like she was in her late 20's. We were a perfect match immediately. 4mos later she moved in, shortly after that she told me she was pregnant...and 18.

Uhh...what?!

The best I can figure, she was terrified I was going to leave her when I found out her age...and knowing my beliefs on family, locked me in the best way she knew how. It worked...I loved her after all...and we spent the next two years pretty freakin happy. We had another son...and all was good.

Then, like a light switch...it ALL changed...and I've spent the last four years being cheated on, left, lied to, used, and all in all...wishing I were in hell instead.

The moral of the story? Don't make promises to the guy if you do date him. It's very easy to change your mind in your early 20's...and you'll both end up very, very hurt if you're not careful.

Anyhow, other than that, have fun! You're young, and its a time to make mistakes, and learn from them.

Just don't make them too big lol :).
  • Banrion
    Banrion Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    age is just a number

Age is just a number. You will find some guys that are older than us do not act differently than guys our own age. However, some are really mature and you feel content. BUT if this guy is one of your profs, DO NOT date him. It makes for a bad academic break-up!
  • Kaycurrier
    Options
    I am 22 and my husband of 5 years is 35, we have a relationship that is better than most couples I know, we honestly don't even remember the age difference until rude people point it out, lol.

To me, as long as we agree on religion, how to raise our kids, ethis, morals, values, can support eachothers dreams, and for us personally politics, lol, it will be fine. Keep in mind, men are more than 10 years behind women, joking...kinda