Need help counting calories for a restaurant meal

Options
Hi MFP friends,

Today I ate at my favorite diner. Problem is they don't have nutrition facts for their meal. I hate guessing when it comes to my meals. Does anyone know how I could figure out how many calories and grams of fat a 1/3 lb ground sirloin bacon cheese burger is? Thanks a ton you guys!

Replies

• Banks01
    Banks01 Posts: 985 Member
    Options
    Hi MFP friends,

Today I ate at my favorite diner. Problem is they don't have nutrition facts for their meal. I hate guessing when it comes to my meals. Does anyone know how I could figure out how many calories and grams of fat a 1/3 lb ground sirloin bacon cheese burger is? Thanks a ton you guys!

Of it's big enough, check their website. I did that last week

That burger may be listed, have you looked? Sounds good though :)
  • Yooperm35
    Yooperm35 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    I guesstimate by the burger- the bun- and the toppings.
  • NatalieWiley
    NatalieWiley Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I guesstimate by the burger- the bun- and the toppings.

same! or find something similiar. Like I will go to a local mexican restaurant tomorrow and have fajitas but I just plug the nutrition info for Chilis. Should be relatively close.
  • RanayeG
    Options
    I LOVE Spangles, but it is just a small fast food place that is only in KS. When I eat there, I just put everything in seperately using the "generic" choices. Then once you put it in, you can add it to your meals for next time, then you won't have to put all the parts of the burger in 1 at a time.
  • JuniperT
    JuniperT Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    Most major fast food places have their info on their websites and most resturants have their info in case someone asks for it, I think they have to. I could be wrong though.
  • abbigail_r
    abbigail_r Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Dont go by seperating the foods and checking on here because of how restaurants cook things their calorie counts are way higher because there is more use of butter and grease making burgers. Therefore bringing the count higher. you can try to type in the restaurant and menu name on the calorie list sometimes its listed.
  • sheeramorningglory
    Options
    I do the same.Guesstimate. Enter each ing seperate.
  • nicksaysnever
    Options
    I'd just go with something similar from a chain diner that's already listed. Unless your diner uses specialty ingredients it's probably close enough to keep you on track.
  • tinamarie0711
    Options
    Theres an app called restaurant nutrition in the android market..thats what i use it lists a bunch of restaurants!
  • KristysLosing
    Options
    I went to a local restaurant tonight and I have no idea what they calories are. I end up splitting up what I ate or guessing and finding something close. :-)
  • cynmay13
    Options
    Yea I just input the info and marked the highest calories that came up for that kind of burger. LOL That way I cover my bases. It really sucks when you don't eat at a chain restaurant. It's really hard to guesstimate. Esp. when you are really trying hard to stay on target. Oh well, something is better than nothing!