I want to get back at fitness boxing and be in the best shape of my life.

Options
Hi everyone.

I am from Québec, Canada. I am here because I find it hard to train regularly and stay motivated with the covid-19 and the long and cold winter coming. So by subscribing to this forum, I hope to connect with other people, stay motivated and motivate some people as well.

I like fitness boxing a lot because it challenges every aspects of my training like endurance, strength, power, coordination, flexibility ... It's also a very tough challenge to skip rope, shadow box, hit the heavy bag and doing abdominal work.

I fell lucky though. I have create a little training room in my condo and I have all the equipment I need: dumbbells, bench, pull-up bar, heavy bag, double-end bag, skipping rope, exercice ball, medecine ball, kettlebell ... The only equipment I can't find in a store is motivation so that's why I'm here.

I hope to be able to connect with you soon. Have a great day and take care :)

Replies

• Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    Options
    I want to skip rope, too. I don't have all of the equipment but I have a few other things to keep me moving.
    Momentum will take you anywhere you want to go. It will take you further than motivation and willpower. Those are limited resources that do run out.

You've come to the right place. We have everything here.
  • uppercutXpert
    uppercutXpert Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Thanks Diatonic12. If you live in an apartment and you have neighbours below you, it's a good idea to buy a training mat so they will not hear you jumping.

Little question, I didn't receive any email notification after you replied to my message. Is it normal? I want to receive email notifications after each message received but it seems it doesn't work.
  • Diatonic12
    Options
    You checked the settings wheel up there in the upper right corner for your notifications, yes? Preferences.

Float like a butterfly and sting like a bee. No rope-a-dope for me. ;)

@uppercutXpert
  • uppercutXpert
    Options
    Thanks. I think it will be ok now. Do I have to go on the wheel for every post I make?

You don't like skipping rope? Why?
  • Diatonic12
    edited November 2020
    Options
    You shouldn't have to go there everytime unless it's for a new thread. I like skipping rope but I haven't done that in awhile. It takes practice, practice, practice. My Paw was a boxing fan. He lurved the fights, all of it. I need some coaching. :D

Counterpunches, crosses, combinations, jabs....I've been working on my roadwork but I need new skillsets for the ring. I want to be a contender.

Now, I'm on a roll so I have to play a little ditty for you because that's just the way I roll. I hope you'll enjoy all of your time here. I've been working on this for awhile.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ll1DrlZgqk&list=PLrT0erBMqXP5XZ4nhN0I7_civxZUFDxqV
  • southerngirl1966
    southerngirl1966 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I would like to get back to fitness boxing but I am not ready to go to a gym yet. I wish I had a heavy bag. I have all of the other equipment for a home gym though. I sometimes follow YouTube videos of boxing classes. I haven't jumped rope this year!
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Options
    Boxing is a great workout and welcome to a fellow Canadian.

Ice recently been able to find my motivation. Partly due to a challenge some friends made and I joined and partly because my sports I'd do in the winter are cancelled and I need something to occupy my time. Well they're not totally cancelled but I'd rather stay safe

Sounds like you have a great set now just get going and into a rhythm
  • uppercutXpert
    Options
    Diatonic12 wrote: »
    Now, I'm on a roll so I have to play a little ditty for you because that's just the way I roll. I hope you'll enjoy all of your time here. I've been working on this for awhile.

Have a great day Diatonic and see you later :)
    I would like to get back to fitness boxing but I am not ready to go to a gym yet. I wish I had a heavy bag. I have all of the other equipment for a home gym though. I sometimes follow YouTube videos of boxing classes. I haven't jumped rope this year!

Why not try following this guy? You don't need boxing equipment.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nH-NsajI2tM
    AliNouveau wrote: »

Ice recently been able to find my motivation. Partly due to a challenge some friends made and I joined and partly because my sports I'd do in the winter are cancelled and I need something to occupy my time. Well they're not totally cancelled but I'd rather stay safe

Thanks for the welcome.

What are you doing normally in the winter? Me I am waiting for the snow. I want to do cross-country skiing a few times per week. It's one of the best cardio exercices.
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Options
    Diatonic12 wrote: »

Have a great day Diatonic and see you later :)

Why not try following this guy? You don't need boxing equipment.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nH-NsajI2tM
    AliNouveau wrote: »

Thanks for the welcome.

What are you doing normally in the winter? Me I am waiting for the snow. I want to do cross-country skiing a few times per week. It's one of the best cardio exercices.

Well I figure skate year round but curling is my winter sport. Leagues are on hold and I just don't feel comfortable playing in a poorly ventilated rink with random people.

I am anxiously awaiting the opening of the outdoor skating rinks!!!
  • MidlifeCrisisFitness
    MidlifeCrisisFitness Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    Jump Rope is the best.
  • uppercutXpert
    Options
    Yes, jumping rope is not that easy. I have a mat on my floor so my neighbours can't hear me jumping ;)