Looking for Protein answers.

Options
thury
thury Posts: 138 Member
I have searched for similar questions but have not found any.

I have some questions about using a whey protein, protein bars, and protein in general.
I started out just wanting to cut pounds but then ended up using the power 90 program wich alternates days between cardio, and circuit workouts.

I would like to use protein to help build muscle but at same time burn fat. I am pretty good at eating lean proteins with meats so is an additional source of protein still going to help??

I have heard to drink a protein shake after a workout for recovery. Is this correct? Does this imply only weight lifiting, how about cardio??

I know people also eat protein bars during the day? what benefit does this have with such a time gap between working out??

thanks for any answers.

Replies

• thury
    Options
    I have searched for similar questions but have not found any.

I have some questions about using a whey protein, protein bars, and protein in general.
    I started out just wanting to cut pounds but then ended up using the power 90 program wich alternates days between cardio, and circuit workouts.

I would like to use protein to help build muscle but at same time burn fat. I am pretty good at eating lean proteins with meats so is an additional source of protein still going to help??

I have heard to drink a protein shake after a workout for recovery. Is this correct? Does this imply only weight lifiting, how about cardio??

I know people also eat protein bars during the day? what benefit does this have with such a time gap between working out??

thanks for any answers.
  • VballLeash
    VballLeash Posts: 2,456 Member
    Options
    I don't have an answer for you but I'm posting because I have the same question! Hopefully someone will give us a good answer, I keep seeing those whey protein commercials on the biggest loser, so I was wondering the same thing, thanks for posting! :happy: :happy:

~Leash:heart:
  • cassangelidy
    Options
    Hello There....

IMHO protein bars are a last resort....they are too high in sugar for me. I LOOOOOOVE whey protein. Its a quick and easy way to inject 24 grams of protein into my day. I drink a protein shake after every workout...usually 45 mins to an hour afterwards. Even if you are just doing cardio you are using your muscles and protein will help build them up!

My favorite thing to eat at night is fat free cottage cheese as a late night snack. The protein in cottage cheese breaks down really slowly; therefore it will work longer to repair muscles while you are sleeping.

I'm a huge protein fan. I've done a lot of research on it due to the fact that my mother is so against higher protein diets. I'm also a fan of carbs....so I'm not an Aktins fan....your body needs protein to build and repair muscles and carbs for energy and fuel! Both are your friends..>ESPECIALLY if you are doing serious weight lifting!!!

Just my thoughts. :)
    Cassidy
  • cassangelidy
    Options
    I don't have an answer for you but I'm posting because I have the same question! Hopefully someone will give us a good answer, I keep seeing those whey protein commercials on the biggest loser, so I was wondering the same thing, thanks for posting! :happy: :happy:

~Leash:heart:

I like EAS Whey Protein or Optimum Nutrition Whey Protein....you get about 22-25 grams per drink with only 110-120 calories....don't go for those 12 grams of protein things the Biggest Loser is selling....Costco has EAS Whey for $29.95 for 80 servings ( I think, I dont' have the package with me). EAS is an amazing company who spends big bucks on product development!!
  • thury
    Options
    Thank you cass
  • LeanLioness
    LeanLioness Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    I use Jay Robb protein.

http://www.jayrobb.com/
  • mablesyrup
    mablesyrup Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    I also have Jay Robb Whey Protein- havent used it yet though =) but everyone in my family is sure a fan of it!!!!!!!
  • LeanLioness
    Options
    I also have Jay Robb Whey Protein- havent used it yet though =) but everyone in my family is sure a fan of it!!!!!!!

It is the best I have ever tried!!!
  • LeanLioness
    Options
    I would also add that I would stay far, far away from protein bars...........

Most of them are either loaded with sugar or if not sugar...........then loaded with sugar alcohols. Neither are good and they have chemicals with names you can not pronounce............

Not like eating a chicken breast before or after your workout!!