Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

this will only make it worse but,,,

Jennyisbusy
Jennyisbusy Posts: 1,294 Member
I have 2 adds running for p!zza on this webpage at the moment! What the hell MFP? Tot!no's is not part of my healthy diet:tongue:

Replies

• mea9
    mea9 Posts: 561 Member
    Lol...Google adds. Have you been checking out pizza? You can turn it off.
  • ChristineMarie89
    ChristineMarie89 Posts: 1,079 Member
    lmao
  • cbirdso
    cbirdso Posts: 465 Member
    The ads are generated by your own browsing history. Someone a lot more computer savvy than me explained it one time on these forums. So...don't blame MFP!
  • 99clmsntgr
    99clmsntgr Posts: 777 Member
    There's ads on this site? Thank you Firefox with the Ad Block Plus add-on :laugh:
  • mea9
    On the upper right hand corner of the add there is an arrow. It will allow you to go into "adchoices". Or you can clear your search history in your cookies and know that what you search in the future will come back to "bite".
  • Jennyisbusy
    I searched for homemade dough recipes. I guess google didn't think I could make my own?
  • mursey
    mursey Posts: 191 Member
    My friend told me they have "pizza night" at their gym, WTF? When I work out the last thing I want to see is a high-carb food in my face, tempting me to negate all the work I just did! So ridiculous.

Have you ever noticed that next to a gym or Jennie Craig or something, there is usually a doughnut store or bakery? Ha ha .. you have to pretend you don't see it. Like I try not to look at the ice cream aisle unless I've decided it's time for a cheat day.
  • mea9
    I searched for homemade dough recipes. I guess google didn't think I could make my own?
    This happens to everybody. I wondered too, at first, what they were trying to do to me:wink: You have to be very careful what you search and, hopefully, you're the only one on your computer. If not, you can just shut it off. If you click on an add every once in a while mfp gets paid by the advertisor and will keep it free.
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    My friend told me they have "pizza night" at their gym, WTF? When I work out the last thing I want to see is a high-carb food in my face, tempting me to negate all the work I just did! So ridiculous.

Have you ever noticed that next to a gym or Jennie Craig or something, there is usually a doughnut store or bakery? Ha ha .. you have to pretend you don't see it. Like I try not to look at the ice cream aisle unless I've decided it's time for a cheat day.

My gym had a monthly pizza night and bagel breakfast. I don't think it's a big deal, one slice of pizza isn't going to hurt anything. And yes, I loved the irony of having my gym right next door to a pizza place AND a cake shop! Thankfully I used to exercise early in the mornings. But even when I went later in the day the last thing I wanted was something high cal that was going to negate my workout.
  • 99clmsntgr
    99clmsntgr Posts: 777 Member

We have a 12-week fitness camp at my company that I participate in. At the end of camp there's a graduation and celebration party. The past few have been pretty healthy snacks. The first one I did, however (I think it was their second camp) was a pizza party. Kind of defeats the purpose of running a fitness camp, no?
  • shauna121211
    shauna121211 Posts: 575 Member
    Haha I was going to say... my ads are for vitamins and weight loss programs... now an app for iphones... :P
  • annacataldo
    annacataldo Posts: 872 Member
    The ads are generated by your own browsing history. Someone a lot more computer savvy than me explained it one time on these forums. So...don't blame MFP!

Ok, my ads right now r headache medicine and espn..a minute ago it was kids cereal.. im on a newly formatted station and haven't went to anything on the internet except myfitnesspal and one yahoo search for red lobster to see details on there endless shrimp deal...that is literally it since the format...so unless the kids cereal is shrimp flavored, and espn is covering shrimp sporting events, I don't think its based on history...
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    I just use an 'ad blocker' plugin with my browser. I never see ads for anything, anywhere!
  • Jennyisbusy
    I love Shrimpball!