What will you do when you get where you want to be?

Options
Icecreamjorna
Icecreamjorna Posts: 46 Member
edited November 2020 in Motivation and Support
I was seeing some inspirational posts from people who have achieved their goals and what they're able to do now that they couldn't before. I am making a list of what I am most excited about and was interested in what you guys are looking forward to the most when you get where you want to be! :)

Replies

• RandJ6280
    RandJ6280 Posts: 1,162 Member
    Options
    Not sure I'll ever be where I want to be... I say that because once I get to where I want to be, I'll see now goals, dreams and desires.
  • jamieleefarnsworth
    Options
    With my current goals set once I achieve a weight, i will then start a bulking process later the way I'm eating start lifting alot more. Then maintain as long as i can
  • LGS_RFS
    LGS_RFS Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    My current goal is to hit the 95-100% range on my physical assessment in February/March. Once I hit that it’ll be maintain that for the next 6 years when I can retire from the military. Other than that I’m working on handstands just for fun then attempt the human flag.
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,931 Member
    edited November 2020
    Options
    Oh man. I used to want to get pregnant but now I think I'm good with the 2 I have. So... I shall continue to wear mumus and ... I will eat more snacks? Because maintenance = more food lol.

Once covid is over maybe some specific fitness classes. I'm probably the least flexible person you've ever met... but both pole fit and more contortion oriented stretching (not yoga) seem fun to me. And if I can get over the height fears (har har) air aerobics seem fun too! Though I dont think my city has that anyway.
  • ThatCookieGurl
    ThatCookieGurl Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    My goal weight is 125 to 130 and I’m nearly there, but once I achieve that goal I then want to focus on getting my body fat much lower and work on toning.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,127 Member
    Options
    Have you visited the NSV (non-scale victories) thread?

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1275030/whats-your-most-recent-nsv

Many pages of good things that happened to people, often even before reaching goal weight. So good!

I'm at goal weight, noodling up and down in a healthy range for the past 5+ years after around 30 years previously of obesity. Most of my goals now are either unrelated to weight/fitness, or are a continuation of my desire to stay strong and healthy as I age (just turned 65 this week).
  • emmalyngreen90
    emmalyngreen90 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    But will this ever happen? I guess we' ll always strive to be better and better and never be satisfied with ourselves.
  • AndreaTamira
    AndreaTamira Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Honestly? - Continue counting calories because I am determined to NOT slide back this time. And if that means counting forever and ever so be it.

Things I want to do:

* Start running, hopefully before I reach my goal weight, though.
    * Anything needed to get pregnant (but that may be possible before end goal, too... and make me reach end goal well later than otherwise.)
    * Get a completely new wardrobe. I am thinking just a few high quality pieces that I can combine with each other. I never get new new (not second hand) clothes, so that would be pretty cool.
    * Take dance lessons together with my partner, even if I have to drag him there. He fricking promised 10 years ago!
  • AphroditesArmchair
    Options
    I want to look like the Pinterest girls that the younger me would obsess over. Also, do the spilts because I've always thought they were really cool.
  • Oliveciabatta
    Oliveciabatta Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I just want to be back to where I was roughly before covid hit and one the gyms open and running clubs/races etc are allowed once again i can pick back up where I left off.
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,443 Member
    Options
    I want to look like the Pinterest girls that the younger me would obsess over. Also, do the spilts because I've always thought they were really cool.

I’d humbly suggest looking forward a different kind of man than one who obsessed over Pinterest girls.

IMHO the people I see obsessing over Instagram and Pinterest girls - at least on MFP- are other women.