Can't stop thinking about food

Home off of work, bored, and can't stop thinking about food. Help me get motivated and stop wanting to eat everything in site.

Replies

• MsCzar
    MsCzar Posts: 1,039 Member
    I think about food 24/7. Not kidding. If I wake up in the middle of the night, I start thinking about food.

What works for me is to not to fight my obsession. But instead of thinking about high calorie foods to binge on, I concentrate on all the creative ways I can fit food into my 1000-1200 calorie day. I will 'try out' meals by logging a whole day's worth of food here at MFP - making adjustments and substitutions until the numbers work. This really helps occupy my food obsessed brain in a good way.

Now when I think about food in the middle of the night, it's all about what I'm going eat when I wake up.

• elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,287 Member
    I think about food all the time.. so I think about the healthy food I'm going to eat next..to get into the clothes I fit into before the lockdown. The thoughts feed off each other as I see my progress. I also eat out once a week..and the thought of that keeps me on track because I know I'm going to have a good meal.

When you love food.. ya just do!
  • emmalyngreen90
    emmalyngreen90 Posts: 6 Member
    Maybe you should restrict yourself less. When you'd stop thinking about eating as of a prohibited activity, you'll stop stressing about it.
    And maybe your body tells you that it's craving, listen to it, and eat just a tiny bit. It won't make such a difference.