Time to get serious - for my health

Options
It's time to get serious again. I lost 10 lbs before I got married 3 years ago and 20 lbs after (found out I was diabetic and actually followed the eating plan) - first time I EVER that I managed to actually lose weight. But with the stress of infertility treatments and just life I gained 20 lbs back (at least I didn't gain those initial 10). After grieving the fact that my husband and I won't have a family, I am ready to get serious and lose that weight again (and the other 40 lbs I need to lose too). That, and my health has been horrible - I've got several of the baddies - in addition to diabetes (not too bad, pretty in control even when I eat badly), I have high blood pressure and high cholesterol - all thanks to good old PCOS. And acid reflux. And my back has been out on and off for 9 months, so I can't exercise. I take 6 medications a day. At 41, I don't like feeling decrepit and like a little old lady. A friend has been using this site for a while, and so far I love it (only 2 days in) - and I have lost almost 4 lbs (all water weight I am sure, but better than nothing). Amazing what having to write down what you eat will do, that and drinking lots of water.

(And for those that would ask have we considered adopting - yes we did consider it, but decided against it. Heck, at the moment I can't even bend over, much less pick up a child. And with as many health issues as I have, I don't want to subject a kid to a "sick mommy")

Replies

• ScrappyKat
    ScrappyKat Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I'm doing this for my health too Stepoco. I'll be watching your journey as I travel mine. I have 25kg to lose, and hopefully my Type 2 diabetes will be gone.