Weigh-in... Daily? Weekly?

Options
How often does MFP expect you to weigh-in? I log daily, as I was told to do by my doctor, but I see a lot of people logging their weight just once a week.

Thoughts?

Replies

• shauna121211
    shauna121211 Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    I only weigh in about once or twice a week. I don't have a scale of my own and I prefer to weigh in in the morning, so I weigh in days that I can get to the gym in the morning. If your doctor told you to weigh in daily though, follow his/her advise.
  • Jhookism
    Options
    weekly
  • kanonxbou47
    kanonxbou47 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I weigh every day, just to see, but I only count enter it once a week, because weight fluctuates.
  • jmelyan23
    jmelyan23 Posts: 1,664 Member
    Options
    I've noticed that around here it's kind of whatever you want to do, or what you think you should do. I've been told to do it weekly, but it helps me stay on track to eat right and keep exercising to see my results every morning when I first wake up.

If your doctor told you to do it daily, I would follow that advice over anything, though.
  • MuffinMan25
    Options
    weekly

I agree with the J HOOK!
  • lawoods
    lawoods Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I'm with kanonxbou. I weigh once a day (at least :blushing: ) but only log it once a week. I can't keep my feet off of it. Just want to know if I'm getting anywhere.
  • twiztedgrl69
    twiztedgrl69 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I do it weekly b/c if I do it too much then I will get discouraged...so I work my hardest through the week and weigh once
  • ekr2107
    ekr2107 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I weigh myself each morning. I was told it's good to get used to it because it speaks to your habits of the past few days as well. But I hadn't thought about weighing myself each morning, yet only logging it in MFP once a week. Maybe I will start doing that!
  • I agree...i weigh every day but log it about twice a week.
  • I agree...i weigh every day but log it about twice a week.

10940133.png
  • trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    i was a every morning and every night girl not very long ago until i hit my latest plataux! and then it just brought my mood down and started making me waver!
    SO i now plan to weigh in in dec :noway: yes i did say dec!
    i am currently doing the p90x and it lasts for 90 days so i am going to do my fitness instead of weight for a while and see where that takes me!
  • timgordon24
    Options
    I'd always go with your doctor's advice @weighing-in, because they know you far better than any of us can/do and they know your specific needs/goals.

Me personally, I weigh-in once a week @my dr's office. If I had a scale of my own, I'd likely do it every 3 days.
  • NSkip4
    Options
    WEEKLY!

in a day you can lose or gain 2lbs from normal body processes...

you should weigh yourself every week on the same day and importantly at the same time of day with same clothing... I always weigh myself in the morning before breakfast or shower (your skin absorbs a lot of moisture).....

anyway that has worked perfectly for me and the scales have represented how much work I put in the previous week...
  • RaiTay
    Options
    i limit myself to once a week because of my disordered view on food and body image.

I found that when I weighed myself everyday it effected my mood\; if I weighed less then the day before it was a good day but if I gained even 1/2 a pound I was in a horrible mood and taking it out on my loved ones around me.
  • nekoemi
    nekoemi Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I weigh every day, just to see, but I only count enter it once a week, because weight fluctuates.

^^ this
  • Bellyroll
    Options
    I weight every day. But I log it every 2 weeks along with my measurments. But I also try to stay under sodium the day before my weight in.
  • beardog100
    Options
    I get quite depressed if I've been good all week and have trained myself to the limit tothen see that when I weigh in I have put on weight!! Is that a joke of nature??? I am weighing myself once a month and letting my food diary be my daily inspiration.
  • Fight2bFiT
    Fight2bFiT Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    weekly is best, since we an change from day to day, plus it keeps our mind focused on what we should do rather than that scale! besides, when you think about it, looking at it everyday does what exactly? you cant really "lose" much from 1 day! since i change so much in my weight even if i do nothing to my diet, i am going to start weighing every 2 weeks, focus on my goals and how i feel rather than what that scale says
  • ziggylove
    Options
    Wait.. skin absorbs a lot of water from a shower..? o_o

[edit] typo
  • Jesung
    Jesung Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Every day but I don't care if I gain or lose weight so it's not a big deal for me mentally.
    When I started with MFP, I was 165-166, dropped a couple of pounds, jumped up to 168 for a couple of days (no idea), and now I'm down to 163-164... *shrug*