Scott Baptie MFP Barcoded Recipes - How to use

Options
broadwey21
broadwey21 Posts: 39 Member
Hi guys can anyone help me out, I’ve purchased some digital cookbooks from a guy who does high protein recipes, all downloaded to my cloud with no problems and I can view them on my phone .... Happy Days!!

However this guy Scott Baptie has also amazingly included an MFP barcode for each recipe to make logging things simple...

Great I hear you say but here’s the thing I can’t for the life of me see how to do it...
When I go into “create recipe” it gives me the option to add ingredients manually or upload them from the web, so I tried that one but I can’t see how to access them. I’ve tried putting the web link in for it to reference them from but it just takes me to a link to purchase them which I’ve already done.

Can anyone help me out please, I’ve emailed their support to ask for assistance but it’s the weekend I’m impatient and I want to get my cook on 😁

Any assistance gratefully received, the MFP barcode was the deciding factor in actually purchasing these books and as they are digital surely the point is not to print them off.

Thanks in advance, have a great day

Replies

• broadwey21
    Options
    @muszyngr can you assist Mr Techy guy??
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,646 Member
    Options
    Have you tried just scanning the bar code on the meal you're eating the food?
  • broadwey21
    Options
    Thanks for the response, but that’s the issue the recipes are on my phone, the bar codes are on my phone but I don’t know how to scan the barcode? My phone would need to scan itself if you see what I mean?
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,646 Member
    Options
    broadwey21 wrote: »
    Thanks for the response, but that’s the issue the recipes are on my phone, the bar codes are on my phone but I don’t know how to scan the barcode? My phone would need to scan itself if you see what I mean?

Ahhh I see... is printing the bar code from your phone an option?
  • BEASTFIELD314
    BEASTFIELD314 Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    @broadwey21
    I know on when I scan individual items, when the camera screen pops up, at the very bottom it gives me the ability to type in the barcode. Does the scan a meal option have that as well by chance?