going over today

Options
going over calories today as i am going out for a meal with my hubby and daughter for our wedding anniversary which was last wednesday
its also for our daughter's birthday which we were away for and we are allowing her to bring a friend

i am going to be honest and log everything and even if i go over (despite i am going to make wise choices) - no chips or stuff like i will aim to claw it back via cutting down on food for a day or two and extra exercising as my shifts etc allow

what do others think?
is this a wise idea or am i barking up the wrong tree?

Replies

• angelofmusic1
    Options
    In your place, I'd not be too worried for one night out with my husband but try to make good choices in terms of what I choose off the menu (without choosing something boring). I'm not sure if it is possible to claw back calories but if it is just the one evening I don't think it will hurt in the scheme of things - as long as it is one evening! :-)
  • aa1440
    aa1440 Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Eat whatever you want. Just watch your portion sizes. And if you do go over, it's only one day. It won't hurt.
  • lynnspittal
    Options
    I agree! If you try to log everything and then claw it back, it might do your head in. if eating health and exercise is to become a lifestyle choice, then I think you have to allow for special days like that. You're in this for the long haul, even when you get to goal, so you need to relax on those one off occasions. its the cvhoices that we make on a daily basis that undoes the good work, so watch for that. Be reasonable tonight, but enjoy yourself and relax!