Off Days

Options
Hey all, just started the journey back to 6 years ago with my wife on MFP a week ago.. Had a pretty encouraging first weeks loss, but just went a bit silly and had a bit of a 'treat' day, if you will. Just wondering if any of you out there have a day or two during the week or fortnight when you kind of, let go I guess? I really do understand that it's probably just a massive waste of the past weeks work as it's obviously thrown my weekly graph way out.

I ended up 1491cal over budget! And I feel pretty rotten this morning =\

Guess it's motivation to keep the good eating routine going indefinitely hey?!

Replies

• MissingMyOldSelf
    MissingMyOldSelf Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    Oh man, I know how you feel. This past weekend was my husband's and my 4-year anniversary. We went out to dinner both days to our favorite restaurants and I was almost 2000 calories over this weekend. :( I gained weight, which doesn't shock me, but I just discouraged me. So, all I can do is dust myself off, and pick up the pace again! That's all you can do!

Personally, I don't normally splurge very much, because even if I'm not obsessing about my calorie intake, I still make better food choices. I might be over on the weekends, but it's only by about 200 or so calories.

Good luck in your journey! You can do this!!!
  • loseatonlady
    Options
    Maybe just try having a "Cheat meal" instead of an entire "cheat day"? Be patient with yourself - habits die hard! I've been on this journey for 3+ years & the old habits still slip back in - but "Self discipline" win out! Keep at it & welcome to you & wife!
  • TheAncientMariner
    TheAncientMariner Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Everyone has their days. While 1400+ is HEAVY, it's nothing that a little continued dedication can't get rid of. Dust yourself off and stay the course. Just remember that the journey is not always clean and straight, sometimes we have to claw, climb, scratch, and fight! You're doing good, just try not to have THAT bad of a day too often, lol!
  • Choclat_Pearl
    Choclat_Pearl Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I used 2 do that...but it was contributing to my being inconsistent. Someone's going to tease me about this one day bcuz i preach this all the time but it helped me a great deal..."It takes 21 days to start a habit."

If you have quite a bit of weight to lose...and I do...its probably better to ask yourself If its worth it, you know? Because, losing weight is alot of hard work, If you want to do it its better to commit to it.
  • ltlane
    ltlane Posts: 120
    Options
    everyone is different and will say different things. every week i have a cheat day. week and a half ago i had a massive cheat day and ate about 3000cals. this past week i had a cheat day but only had my maintenance which is about 2000 cals. but believe me i eat about 1200-1400 cals on a daily basis and workout and i havent gained. guess it just depends on the person
  • Fishing4Stars
    Options
    I went out to eat at one my favorite restaurants the other night and totally overdid it. The interesting thing was that I felt so gross after not eating so much in a while - even though I ate more than my goal amount, I still think it was good because I learned from it. Overeating feels nasty for hours after a big meal. It feels great to used to, and enjoying, more reasonable amounts of food.
  • ellzeez
    Options
    Thanks the replies..

loseatonlady, you hit the nail on the head, I'm ashamed to admit it, but this was just a cheat meal! Haha.. who would've thought you can take in over 700 calories from 4 cookies.

And yes you do learn from it, a week ago I would've eaten 4 cookies and thought that would have been 300 calories tops, so at least logging cheat meals is a way to actually see what the crap you're eating is worth.

Our next cheat meal won't be so cheaty now =)

Cheers all!