Did you just ask that? (rant)

Options
2»

Replies

• ShapeUpSidney
    ShapeUpSidney Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    That is definitely special. Some people are so clueless...
  • lakersfan4life
    lakersfan4life Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    you should of said " i think there probably too small for you" :)
  • JENIFER_AZ
    JENIFER_AZ Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Lessoned learned, no good deed goes unpunished!
  • sigsone
    sigsone Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    really, really, really, i mean really lol :laugh:
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Am I the only person left on this planet who will tell someone to get the f&&k out of my face when they act like that!? You can't be polite to everyone - there's no way, TOO many idiots in the world. Sometimes you just have to call an idiot and idiot & tell them to get away from you or they will be an idiot with a fat lip

try it, it works - eventually you will get a reputation and idiots will avoid you

OOOH! You're b*tchy and I approve!! :smile:
  • leynak
    leynak Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    I probably would have told her I was giving them to someone else (even if I wasn't) just because that seems kinda rude...
  • JellyJaks
    JellyJaks Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    o_O Wow. Just wow. Some people have no tact and you were a lot nicer about it than I probably would have been
  • kmo566
    kmo566 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    you should of said " i think there probably too small for you" :)

^this!^
  • staceyrrad
    staceyrrad Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    That is unbelievable! Haha I'd be speechless too.

I wouldn't give them to her after that. I don't know, I don't think people like that deserve nice things from nice people.

But on the other hand, maybe you should give them to her, I bet they'd be too small.

Karma *****!
  • PegasusDeb
    PegasusDeb Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    LOL Some people... you could have said, "would you like them now?" And start undressing! ha ha ha
    I'm thinking about putting some of my jeans on E'bay! My friend made a killing! I have some really nice (expensive) Christopher Banks stuff that I really don't want to give away. Next time she asks, tell her a price!
    Ps... congratz on the progress & fashion sense! :glasses:
  • california_peach
    california_peach Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    Excuse me, but where are my 7 for Mankind jeans for reading this thread.....Seriously the nerve of some people.
  • bluevwgurl
    bluevwgurl Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Although she apparently doesn't think she should try and lose weight?

no, she doesnt. she told me today that she has a 10 minute workout dvd that i should try. (yet she admits she doesnt do) i said p90x is working pretty well for me. she says "your p90x has nothing on this". okay. i wanted to say to her "try "my p90x" and we'll talk." well, i will talk while you gasp because Tony just kicked your bum. but i dont say that.

she can have the jeans when i get fully into the next size. and i hope she enjoys them. it was just a silly situation. (they arent expensive jeans....i would understand if they were expensive jeans!)
  • 42hockeymom
    42hockeymom Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    "Oh you wanted those too? Ooops I gave those to Goodwill. I mean, I feel like I have to give some stuff away to people who will appreciate them" would have been my answer.
  • boomboom011
    Options
    i wouldnt give her a freaking piece of bubble gum from this point on. Give your clothes to someone that appreciates things and are not greedy.
  • ilovemyjacks
    Options
    You should cut them up at your desk just to prove a point. LOL Wow... she is... bold... LOL
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    Lol... Well someone is stalking your clothes
  • whatwentwrong
    Options
    i've had a girl at work OFFER me her old clothes once, and that was awkward enough (mostly because while she was also overweight, she was about 4 sizes smaller than me and i really didn't want to say "no thanks i weigh like 50 pounds more than i look, apparently"), but i can't imagine how much worse it would have been if she ASKED for mine. how strange >_>
  • maria1113
    maria1113 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    Wow, she sure had some nerve to do that :noway:
    I wouldn't give her anything after that, but then again, I can be a *kitten* :glasses:
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    I'd laugh it off, and take it as a compliment on your good taste!

Full marks to her for chutzpah - if you don't ask, you don't get, right?:wink:

I know I had lots of expensive quality clothes that I felt were a bit too good just to give to charity, but I didn't fancy the hastle of selling on eBay. In the end I sold a lot of them at a car-boot sale to raise money for a charity walk I'm doing this weekend. And I was thrilled when a young woman obviously recognised the good quality items and bought up half my stock in one go! It's nice to feel old clothes are going to a home where they will be appreciated.

(Oxfam Trailtekker Ireland, team 8legs Good, donations still being accepted! Follow our exploits this weekend on Twitter, @Oxfam8legs. We now return you to your regular programmes)
  • 1goodymom67
    Options
    oh my!! Really? Golly, I hope you knew her well. Some people.