Keto without a gallbladder experiences?

Options
Hi i am not seeking medical advice. Just curious to others experience with keto without a gallbladder. I know I hit a kind of brick wall with something and it’s constipation, either with the heavy dairy/fats from dairy, too much veggies, too much meat or beef. And although generally speaking I don’t have issues much with my lack of a gallbladder in my typical diet and I’ve not had it for 18 years. I have ibs c which generally isn’t triggered unless I eat a lot of breads rice etc and lots of meat or raw veg. But I noticed the heavy whipping cream I added I think just wrecked my system. I’m looking into focusing it to 40% fats from mct oils rather than dairy and focused more on fish and light meats like lamb don’t seem to mess me up for some reason. And I added something called superseed to my morning smoothie I think will take care of my fiber needs as well as lotsa water! Some times you gotta figure what’s right for you. I am looking forward to dr terry wahls protocol and her paleo plus version which is a keto version of her plan but focused on the mct oils rather than dairy. Chime in what was your experience with keto and no gallbladder? I bought a enzyme complex that has ox bile to see if it helps.

Replies

• tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,069 Member
    Options
    Aren't you meant to avoid fats after gallbladder removal? Not sure Keto would be the ideal choice.
  • angelexperiment
    angelexperiment Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    Aren't you meant to avoid fats after gallbladder removal? Not sure Keto would be the ideal choice.

I’ve never avoided fats or fried foods in the time since 18 years ago I had it done. But I never knew what I’m now learning and I believe the ibs c may be connected. When I up my fats I noticed I became more regular which hasn’t happened in years, but now I think it’s balancing out the proportion of other foods and types of fats in particular.
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,069 Member
    Options
    Fair enough, rather than aiming for a particular named diet, you already seem to know what affects your digestive issues, why not just eat foods you know don't trigger reactions and just aim to meet your caloric and nutritional needs? Using the food notes section can help to keep track of reactions when you introduce foods you haven't included before.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,515 Member
    Options
    Nobody can tell you if it works or not. Try it. Considering your body doesn't stores bile anymore maybe eating many small meals throughout the day is the right way to go for you.