Need advice on weighing scales Ire/UK

Options
Over the last 3 months I have bought 2 salter body analyzer scales. Both of which are broken already (toddler!!!). I do not have receipts for either so can't bring them back and do not want to get another!! Can't really afford it anyway. I am looking for a cheap scale, that consistently shows the same weight when you step on and off over a couple of mins. I doesn't need to be an analyzer.

Would I be better to go for a mechanical one?? What scales do you have?

Replies

• Mairgheal
    Mairgheal Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    I have the salter one, glass ánd I have two toddlers. Just keep the scales under your bed where they can't get to it!
    Got mine in Argos for I think around €35
  • jamhamster
    jamhamster Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I don't have scales in my house (to tempting to weigh ever day) I go to my local boot's they have a scale and body fat and it costs me 70p and I keep the print outs so can look back and see how far i've come
  • ignatiusreilly
    ignatiusreilly Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    I don't know if this is available in Ire/UK, but it really does deserve the high ratings it has on Amazon:

http://amzn.to/nREENj

I've never had a scale that gives such consistent results.
  • bjshooter
    bjshooter Posts: 1,174 Member
    Options
    I don't have scales in my house (to tempting to weigh ever day) I go to my local boot's they have a scale and body fat and it costs me 70p and I keep the print outs so can look back and see how far i've come

This is exactly what I do, I just do it once a week then. Do have a nosey on the Wii, but I only count the Boots scales weight.
  • margretish
    Options

This is what I do too! So useful and consistent! :smile:
  • smex14
    Options
    I'm also in the boots club hehe although a couple of times it's been playing up and told me I'm more than 7 foot??? (I'm 5 foot 8 inches) Makes my BMI go crazy but I use it for weight and Body Fat
  • aslm
    aslm Posts: 71
    Options
    Thanks for your replies, I think I'll give the boots thing a go....