Forward planning...

I used to wait until the eating time to decide what to have to eat but now I'm finding myself planning all my meals in the morning...

Anyone else started doing this?

Replies

• ShazMc73
    ShazMc73 Posts: 106 Member
    Yes, I think this is a sensible thing to do. I plan my breakfast and lunch the night before and usually plan my dinner once I finish working out, whatever time of day that may be. Once my diary is finished for the day and I stick with it. Seeing it in front of me makes me stay on track. The days or nights I have plans to go out, there is a little variance but this is only 1 or 2 days a week. Planning ahead has been working really well in terms of staying within range AND eating the right things.

Hope it works out for you as well. Take care!
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    i've been doing it for the last couple of weeks. i work at a power plant and dont always have the luxary to sit in front of my phone or a computer and search. plus i find that it helps me control things a lot better.
  • vanessaclarkgbr
    vanessaclarkgbr Posts: 731 Member
    Yes for sure, for me dinner without planning was cake. The whole cake. ;-) I was thinking about dinner before I'd eaten breakfast today lol funny how that works, you'd think if you were bigger you'd be planning and thinking about food more, but for a lot of us it's the opposite :-)
  • lizbalfour
    lizbalfour Posts: 6 Member
    Hi, I started doing this and found it made all the difference, I managed to lose 28lbs in 6 months. Planning meals for the day reallyu makes you take notice of the nutritional value of foods. The minute I stopped doing this, during a family holiday in July, I slipped back into my old eating habits and when I finally weighed myself today found that I had gained 16lbs in 2 months!!! I'm trying to get back on track starting from today! Good luck with your own journey.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    I always log first thing in the morning for the day, going over my cals on days i know i am going to work out in the evening. it makes it loads easier knowing what i have to eat for the whole day.

We make a menu each week before we go shopping so its fairly easy to plan ahead.
  • dixedreg
    dixedreg Posts: 276 Member
    I do this as much as possible. I think it helps a lot with keeping on track.