Ideas for tea/dinner

Options
lottywood
lottywood Posts: 55 Member
Hey guys,

I am sitting at my desk at 11 in the morning already wondering what i can do for tea.

Does anyone have any ideas? Nothing to costly to make would be good :)

Thanks

Replies

• melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Hmm, that's a bit too much of a blank canvas!

Any likes or dislikes? Do you mean by tea "a small meal eaten around 6 pm"?
  • lottywood
    Options
    My main evening meal .

I pretty much eat anything to be honest so any ideas would be good. I am planning on going for a run before i eat.

I have been having alot of stir frys and meat with roasted veg but i'm having a lull on ideas.

I'm trying to stay away from carbs as much as possible during evenings.
  • whatwentwrong
    Options
    i was going to suggest those tiny little sandwiches with cucumbers until i read your last post :P *unhelpful*

ummmm, how about eggs? there's a low carb mini-quiche recipe floating around on here that looks amazing ;x
  • forthespace
    Options
    Quick, easy and cheap = egg white omlette. 3 or 4 egg whites with whatever takes your fancy. Personally, I like to bulk it up with things like mushrooms, fat-free feta, some chicken or tuna, maybe some pepperdews. The beauty of it is that anything that is in your fridge can be thrown in =)
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    How are you with fish? Seared tuna on a bed of ratatouille? Salmon steak (microwave with a dash of lemon juice and some black pepper) with a rocket salad or some green beans, maybe fancy them up by doing bundles wrapped in bacon.

Quinoa is one of my favourites at the minute - do a pilaff with any leftover veg lying around - shallots, mushrooms, peppers, tomatoes.

Sweet potato mash (nuke in the microwave for 6 or 7 minutes, scoop out the flesh and mash with olive oil and black pepper). Goes well with grilled meats like pork or steak.
  • jetsec
    Options
    Some favourites of mine at the moment:-

Toasted pitta breads, cut in half, covered with passata (or tinned tomatoes), cheese and whatever else you have in the fridge, I use onion, mushrooms, spring onion, ham, chicken, sweetcorn, tomatoes and then grill slowly for about 10 minutes - healthy pizza!

Most fish can be microwaved for 2/3 minutes with a bit or milk or water and served with rice, pasta, vegetables etc.

I also use Campbells Condensed Soups as sauces, the chicken or mushroom ones are really good and serve with rice or pasta and whatever vegetables I have in and can be used with any meat or fish.

Jayne
  • claire_xox
    claire_xox Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    My dinner tonight was bough from a fast food joint in Australia but it was amazing!
    It was a 'california bowl' which involved chicken cooked in some kind of mexican spice, a pineapple and mango salsa with lots of veggies, based on lettuce with ranch dressing and guccomole and 4 tortilla chip :)

It came to 550 odd calories and was mostly veggies and fruit

Considering it was from a fast food joint (I chose because it had the lowest cals on the menu and was suprised on how YUM it was! ) I'm sure you could make a more healthy alternative at home?

Otherwise egg white quiches rock.
  • lottywood
    Options
    Thanks guys this is just what i was looking for. All of these ideas sound lovely, i will have to try them all out :D
  • Laura_beau
    Laura_beau Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    I'm doing low carb at the mo-

Tonight I'm having a chicken breast fillet, stuffed with a little tomato & chilli pesto & wrapped in parma ham then baked. I'm serving that with a rocket & parmesan salad, dressed with lemon juice & evoo.