rice?

Options
I don't eat rice, but i was wondering if it was a good idea to incorporate in my diet. I always find myself way under the daily calories needed to lose weight, and it might be the reason why I dont lose the weight. Is brown rice a good idea for lunch, with some veggies and chicken/fish? THANKS!

Replies

• nikki4ever
    nikki4ever Posts: 116
    Options
    I don't eat rice, but i was wondering if it was a good idea to incorporate in my diet. I always find myself way under the daily calories needed to lose weight, and it might be the reason why I dont lose the weight. Is brown rice a good idea for lunch, with some veggies and chicken/fish? THANKS!
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    brown rice is an excellent addition and soooooo yummy too :flowerforyou: it will definitely boost your calories, but in a good way.
  • aprilvet
    aprilvet Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    Brown rice is great! Plus veggies and lean meat for lunch is good. If you're low on your cals, don't forget the good fats- snack on raw almonds, natural peanut butter with a piece of fruit, etc.:happy:
  • allaboutme
    allaboutme Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    it constantly amazes me that so many people go under their calories. I have been here since august and I have never had one day under, ever. I usually wish I had more to work with. I eat healthy not junk food, but still find at the end of the day my belly could use a little something more and I eat 1600 calories sometimes 1800 per day. I guess I was not blessed with a small appetite. Sucks to be me :laugh:

btw, brown rice is great, I always bake mine in a casserole dish in the oven while I am preparing the rest of my supper.
  • purrrr
    purrrr Posts: 1,073
    Options
    i also used to believe that the less calories the more weight i'd lose but it rather works in the opposite way and needless to say, it's so bad for your health because you cannot get proper nutrition...

the idea that rice and pasta make you fat comes from the fact that they are usually consumed with some oily unhealthy sauce. the rice itself helps boost the metabolism and will actually fasciliate your weight loss!!

beside brown rice, i'd also recommend emperor's rice (a.k.a. forbidden rice) - it has a very funny colour and incredible 'spicy' taste, i don't even need to add anything to it for a yummy dish, although veggies are always handy

rice noodles are also nice for a change to full grain noodles, i usually add olive tepenade or some veggies to it

puffy rice cakes are so yummy as well!