Mom of 2 looking for accountability pals!

Options
Hi everyone!

I am a mom of 2 boys, my youngest is just 3 months old!

Anyways, I would LOVE to get this baby weight moving plus some and I need some accountability partners! I also exclusively breastfeed so that helps but after the first couple months it hasn’t helped all that much 😂 of course that could be my fault since I have a hard time controlling my cravings sometimes especially with sweets! 😫

I would love to meet some other moms that would like to help each other to success!

I’d love to be friends on MFP, but I would even love it more if we could have a small group on Snapchat or something so we can stay in touch a little more personally and can message each other easier and send pics of our food or post workouts or whatever! If you’re interested let me know and I can set up a private group 💕

I am currently at my highest (non-pregnant) adult weight of 244 (this last pregnancy I got up to 255 but then lost 20lbs and then gained 10 back 🥴) and I know my biggest hurdle is with food. So I am not going to box myself into a specific diet type because I’ve done that plenty of times before and all it did was destroy my mental health regarding food even worse than it was before.

I just really want to focus on eating the stuff I know I should eat and the stuff I shouldn’t I need to just keep in mind moderation and be mindful of portion sizes. I’ll be the first to admit I HATE tracking and I may not be super consistent with logging my food and I’m fine with that. I need to fix my mental health first and I know what my triggers are so I am just going to work on that. So I’m going to start with just showing up everyday and trying my best to get to a healthy place for myself and my children 💙💚

I can’t wait to start this journey and have it actually STICK this time!

Thanks friends! 🥰

Replies

• chantellmustoe
    chantellmustoe Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi, I just started!x I also have 2 little girls. I dont have snap chat sadly, but can do messenger or Whatsapp?
  • ladyzherra
    ladyzherra Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Hello! Being a mom to young children while trying to take care of yourself is no easy feat. We all need support and drive to make it happen every single day. I have found that when I count on anyone other than myself to provide this to me, I end up back right where I started. Cultivating the energy and space to inspire and encourage and support yourself is a great starting place, according to my own experience. There is no one who is going to take an interest in your or your journey as much as you can. That sounds like tough work, and it is, but it's also lasting! <3
  • chasitystiff9397
    chasitystiff9397 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Add me I’m a mom of three trying to lose my weight also
  • kokeese
    kokeese Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I would love to join. I don't utilize snapchat...could you create a group on this app?
  • kokeese
    kokeese Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Sorry...I am a mom of 3. My youngest is 9 months. I am the heaviest I've ever been in my life. I weighed 224 when I gave birth. I am now down to 200. I am striving to get back to my wedding weight which was 165 three years ago.
  • erosewelsh
    erosewelsh Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Great idea, have you been able to set up a snapchat group?
    My snapchat username is: erosewelsh
  • lfollari
    lfollari Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi! I would love to connect with a ‘team’ to share motivation and encouragement. I’m also a mom and definitely understand the juggle! I don’t have Snapchat, but can use WhatsApp or FB.
  • KellieLou412
    KellieLou412 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm a mother to an 18month old girl, and have two step kids who are all grown up now! Would love more friends, so feel free to add me. I don't have Snapchat though, sorry x