Emotions

Options
Just my own personal food for thought....
Because I have always thought of myself as such an ordinary person, as life moved along I was surprised to find so many emotional events happening in it. I have had severe periods of depression and despair; I have known fear, anxiety, anger and doubt. I have wrestled with grief and known the agony of rejection. I have been subjected to criticism and experienced firsthand the difficulty of forgiving those whom I once thought I would never be able to forgive.
What I have learned about life and my weight journey is that no one is ordinary, that everyone experiences emotions of all kinds, and what is important is that each of these upheavals are instructive and not wasted.
Whereas once I would block my feelings, I now allow myself to feel them. Instead of sweeping my emotions under a rug, I express them. Rather than blocking grief from my soul, I experience it ... then heal from it. When I am rejected, I try to move on by exploring the reasons why. By doing this I have discovered how much my emotions play into my eating. I am learning to turn my negative emotions into positive ones by transforming them into useful learning and teaching experiences for myself.
I am doing this one day at a time.

Replies

• mak_101
    Options
    Thanks for sharing...we all face those same emotions and it is truly how we allow them to affect us that makes the difference!
  • kirstengirl
    Options
    Thank you for expressing what so many of us feel, yet try to hide and pretend they do not exist. Wise advice.