Upset and feel like binging.

Options
What should I do instead?

Replies

• cyaneverfat
    cyaneverfat Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    When the salad thing came up I got defensive and said '' it's my body and I'll do what I want with it''. Not very mature. I'm in my 30s now though so my choices should be respected.
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,114 Member
    Options
    When the salad thing came up I got defensive and said '' it's my body and I'll do what I want with it''. Not very mature. I'm in my 30s now though so my choices should be respected.

Meh, mature is overrated 😉 especially when they aren't being very mature themselves.

Binging won't solve anything, so I would just redirect the negative energy and use it to get in a good workout and relieve the stress.
  • NC_Girl
    NC_Girl Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    What should I do instead?

Yesterday I felt the same. 10:30 in the morning and I was stressed by my job. I knew that I was going in that direction. It was way to early for lunch. So I ate lunch anyhow! Progresso Creamy Tomatoe Soup. It gave me the sensation of eating but not a lot of calories. I even managed to make it till dinner time with only eating an apple. So maybe allowing yourself the stress but eating something low calorie. By the time you are done you will be proud that you got through it.
    Good luck to you! Don't give up!
  • MidlifeCrisisFitness
    MidlifeCrisisFitness Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    We often think other people are stronger smarter prettier or have it going on better. The truth is they most often don't. Everyone has problems. The trick is to accept yours find the truth in what others say and discard thier nonsense. Use what you know and what you learn from others to move your journey forward a little bit better each day. And enjoy the journey for you.
  • Dogmom1978
    Dogmom1978 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    I’m not sure where walking the dog fit in? I mean, if your goal is weight loss, walking the dog will help with calorie deficit and it’s a fun healthy activity for both you AND the dog. 😊

Sorry, my 7 dogs are my actual children and any night the weather cooperates, the hubby and I take a few of them for a walk around the neighborhood. They have light up vests so that cars can see them 😊
  • MaxCat1000
    MaxCat1000 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I'm always expected to walk the dog and I rarely get a break. It sucks.

Embrace walking the dog! Make it a goal to go a certain distance every day, or go a few steps further each day. Make it a fun thing to do. The worst that can happen is you will lose weight, and the best would be, if you really don't like walking the dog, that someone else will see how much you are enjoying it and want to take it over! Either way, it's a win for you. Don't let them get you down and don't get defensive. Just smile and say that that is what you enjoy or want to eat, and it leaves more fish and chips for them!
  • cyaneverfat
    edited November 2020
    Options
    Now my Aunty's attacking me because she saw me having yoghurt and fruit with Marshmellows and chocolate and says no diet let's you eat like that and I'm never going to lose weight!!! So much stupid. I've lost 2kg this week. l'm so sick of other people at this point.

My mother had a go at me as well. Now my Aunty is on the phone to my mum, I hope they don't discuss me!!
  • cyaneverfat
    Options
    I was at the doctor, talking about my weight and getting metformin increased, and my mother started going on about my parallel thinking and about how sometimes I am completely focused on eating 100% pure and how other times the autism kicks in (I have mild Aspergers) and I want to eat back my exercise calories with junk food- she just doesn't get it. She thinks I should leave any deficient created by exercise alone so I will lose weight faster, even if my fitbit says I burnt 4000 calories that day. So irritating. It's not like I eat 100% junk either, sometimes I just feel like some popcorn, a coke or some pizza. I wish I could be treated like an adult, and the autism would stop being brought up, I don't like the references to Sheldon Cooper either. My mother will join the bandwagon of any diet going (currently it's keto), but she doesn't get myfitnesspal and how millions of people have lost weight with it, following some simple concepts.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,154 Member
    Options
    If you can, stick with what you know is the right course, let them talk until they run out of steam, and then Prove. Them. Wrong. Because you can. You sound like you're doing the right things. Ignore them, keep doing those things.

I know that's hard. ((Internet granny hugs!))
  • JBanx256
    JBanx256 Posts: 1,473 Member
    Options

Do you live with them? By that I mean, if you live under their roof and walking the dog is essentially one of your chores....ehhhh....like someone else said, maybe embrace it. The vast majority of dogs are cooler than the vast majority of humans anyway and going for a walk is hardly going to have a negative impact on your progress, right?

That said, it sucks that they are treating you that way. @AnnPT77 has the right idea tho - you've got this & you can prove them wrong. Try to block out their negativity and go after your goals!
  • elfin168
    elfin168 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Ignore them. Walk away. Say can't talk now. Have to go. Chow;
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,287 Member
    Options
    My family doesn't believe in me. Doesn't think I'll ever find love, have a successful career, fit into a size 12 or smaller.

My niece offered me a beautiful size 12 dress for when I get close to goal, and my mother said I will never fit into it. My niece and I am the same height but she has much bigger curves than me so it's possible I will wear a smaller size than her when the time comes.

A other family member has said she will be concerned and will harass me if my bmi dips much below 30 and if I am smaller than a size 12 or 14. I want to get into somewhere between a 6 and a 12 NZ. I'm 5'9ish.

Got annoyed at me when we had fish and chips tonight and I made a salad to go with it, and had tomato juice instead of Coke.

A few thoughts: Your family loves you; remember that. Even though..from your comments..they don't know how to treat someone they love lovingly. You can't change how they treat you. Their behavior has nothing to do with you. I know it hurts your feelings, but you have to realize they have a problem they have to fix and you can't feel bad about yourself or fix them.

Now.. for survival.. and peace of mind. You may want to not talk about your weight loss goals and plans with them . It just encourages them to tear you down...because you threaten them with your self improvement. Tuck that dress into your closet.. take it out and try it on each week and see how you're progressing. And come here for support. You can do this! (and when you walk the dog. .you're burning calories ha!).
  • angelexperiment
    angelexperiment Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    I have to say your family is over involved in your diet. You are an adult and can make your own food choices. But the only thing helped me with my mom was to tell her how I felt and how she was hurting me. She would say cruel demeaning things about things I was eating or my body. She told me she was only trying to motivate me to get mad so I would do something about it! Lol I said mom that’s not helpful! That hurts me. She stopped doing it after that. I think of course this may not resolve til you make your move out into the world
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,457 Member
    Options
    I would walk the dogs, and have a nice long talk with them about how annoying your family is.

That’s the wonderful thing about dogs. They always listen and they never judge.

It’ll make you feel better.

Besides, if they think you’re enjoying walking the dogs too much, suddenly they’ll want to do it. Tom Sawyer and the fence.