Skin Skin Skin.....

Options
Okay so as many of you have seen, I was forced into maintaining right now due to back issues. I did hit another goal of 90 pounds loss. Now for the problem! Being that Im not aloud to even really walk right now, I have some serious hanging skin and my body image is worse than it was 90 pounds ago. Of course hubby says he loves me no matter, etc etc....Does anyone have any ideas outside of surgery(wihich I may resort too in the future) to get rid of it? Remember exercise is VERY limited right now. Even if its something I can't do right now, Ill still take the ideas. My main issue is skin on my belly and inner thighs.

Replies

• porffor
    porffor Posts: 1,212 Member
    Options
    ((Hugs)) first of all, you're not alone in that 'empty' skin is not as pretty as we'd hope sometimes, and I'm concious also of this fact myself as I'm almost 40 and well elasticity isn't the same at 40 as it is at 20.

I don't have any fab tips but would say that a bit of time will likely help the skin retract a little, you could try some body firming creams.. not sure what ones as I have skin that gets inflamed at a lot of products but there must be something in 'hydrating' your skin for recovery.. also drink lots of water. :)

Other than that.. magic knickers they're called... you know the type in the film Bridget Jones diary.. but if they give you a smoother profile you'll enjoy them anyway! lol
  • Mysticfire0213
    Options
    I'd be curious to know, as well. I am not near enough to my goal weight yet, but it's already becoming a problem :(
  • Jleigh417
    Jleigh417 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I would also like to know. I'm scared it will happen with me too : (
  • LittleFootHafner
    Options
    Try Bio-Oil or Palmer's lotion for weight loss and loose skin. I find the Palmer's smells like vanilla cake (which is a kick in the face I find!) but I think it helps a bit...

I have also been in the habit of using a cocoa butter soap (I get it at Zellers in Canada) that is for strech marks and loose skin since I started losing weight. I have hit 60 pounds down this morning (and I am only 4'10"), and I am very surprised as how little loose skin I have right now...

Good Luck, and hope you can get back onto exercising soon!! ;)
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    Perhaps get those muscle toning pads if you cant do any toning yourself?

Just a thought

Good luck :flowerforyou:
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,708 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately loose skin is a side effect of weight loss usually over 80lbs. While some can have the skin retract and have minimal loose skin, others may have a lot. The only couple of ways to get rid of loose skin is surgery or to refill up all the fat cells you deflated and push the skin back out, which I'm sure is not what you want to do.
  • tjames30
    tjames30 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    It may not be pretty, but I'll take the loose skin over fat anyday!
  • porffor
    porffor Posts: 1,212 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately loose skin is a side effect of weight loss usually over 80lbs. While some can have the skin retract and have minimal loose skin, others may have a lot. The only couple of ways to get rid of loose skin is surgery or to refill up all the fat cells you deflated and push the skin back out, which I'm sure is not what you want to do.

interesting info - thanks - it's something I've wondered over personally. I don't mind a flabby belly but would like to tighten my arms as I go along so thinking of keeping them 'strong' they're pretty strong anyway and am happy to do weights. :)