Phone Apps

Just wondering what other awesome apps you all use to boost your fitness goals...

Obviously, I use my awesome MFP app for tracking food and exercise... I also have a daily ab workout and a runkeeper app... What other awesome fitness apps are you all using on your phones to boost your fitness!!!

Replies

• Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    the best one is your camera, take pictures, no better way to log progress and much better then the scale
  • Vicki_78
    Vicki_78 Posts: 81 Member
    i have "calorie counter" that i use in addition to mfp. sometimes if i'm going out to eat and don't know what i want the calorie counter is faster & easier to look at different items & see the calorie amount. is your daily ab workout any good? i haven't tried one of those yet.
  • NewMeTomG
    NewMeTomG Posts: 59 Member
    I use MapMyRun. Started out using this app to map our hikes (there are several websites, MapMyHike, MapMyRun, MapMyBike, MapMyTri.com, etc. that are all tied into the same database). Use the GPS on my Droid with MapMyRun app to get accurate readings on routes, elevations, times, MPH, et al. Easy to use and seems to be a growing site.

Check it out!

Tom
  • I use runkeeper... I think it is pretty much the same concept at mapmyrun... I have mapmyride for when I am cycling...

I like the ab workout... They have daily "any part of your body" workouts.... I use the ab one to mix it up.
  • lawtechie
    lawtechie Posts: 708 Member
    MFP, RunKeeper and a new one I'm trying out for interval work which is called 'UltraTimer'. It took me about 20 minutes to get it set up but it seems to work nicely for intervals. AND you can still have RunKeeper going in the background to get your overall distance/avg speed.
  • Huskeryogi
    Huskeryogi Posts: 578 Member
    HIIT interval training timer

It lets you set the interval times. So I'm training for a 10 mile "race" at the end of October. I don't think that's enough time to train myself to run that distance but I think I can run/walk it. I found a training plan where you jog for 3 min / walk 1 min. This app lets me set it up to do that for my training runs. Plus I plan to gradually increase the jogging times to 3:15, 3:30, etc. I'm hoping by the day of the race I can do 4/1 intervals for the whole 10 miles.
  • JeSuisPrest
    JeSuisPrest Posts: 2,005 Member
    I use Endomondo
  • Endomondo. Love it.
  • JenUB
    JenUB Posts: 84
    I use MapMyWalk and MapMyRide. They're free, they use GPS to calculate distance and speed, and when you're done they give estimated calories burned.
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Cardio Trainer. It maps your runs/walks, shows current speed, has a pedometer, graphs your speed throughout your run, and tracks your calories burned over a rolling 7 day period and displays it on the "home" page of your phone. You can buy a Polar bluetooth HRM to use with it and it'll also track your calories burned and heart rate.
  • Bodyshot
    A log consisting of pictures and your weight and measurements to remind you of how far you have come.
  • fallenangelloves
    fallenangelloves Posts: 601 Member
    I was using Sprint to monitor my walking but I just downloaded Edomomdo! Thanks for the suggestion!
  • chrismart1983
    chrismart1983 Posts: 15 Member
    Just started using MapMyRun. Seems to give me a little more motivation when im not feeling up for a run.